How high is too high for standing water to get on an IntelliFlo ?

rawb

Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2017
Lexington, SC
My equipment pad has recently become somewhat of a low point after some grading we did to the area around the pool. I haven't had a downpour yet to see how it goes, but I'm worried that there could be standing water on the pad such that the water level rises up onto the pump a bit. How much water can the IntelliFlo handle around it before it gets worrisome. I know I wouldn't want it up near the LED screen, but how about the lower portion of the pump?

Thanks in advance!

raw,

There is a drain hole in the bottom the pump, just before the motor...

I personally would not want my pump to see any water except what might happen in the rain..

I suggest that you re-grade or raise your equipment pad.. Maybe just enough to have a place for the water to run off...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

raw,

There is a drain hole in the bottom the pump, just before the motor...

I personally would not want my pump to see any water except what might happen in the rain..

I suggest that you re-grade or raise your equipment pad.. Maybe just enough to have a place for the water to run off...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. It makes me a little nervous too. I think re-grading might be the best option so I won't have to start cutting PVC etc to raise it.

I'm going to echo Jim, those motors are only designed to resist rain and water splashing. You should never expose your pump to directed water (pointing a garden hose at it) and you should never submerge it to any level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.