Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New water, ok to wait 7 days before adding DE to filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

New water, ok to wait 7 days before adding DE to filter?

I just drained the pool (CYA was off the charts) and took the DE filters out and cleaned them, sprayed them off with city water. Filled pool and put DE filters back in the canister.
    The plan was to install a new Pentair Intelliflo VSF pump in a couple of days, looks like it might be a week before the new pump is installed. I would like to wait for the new pump to be installed before I add the DE to the filter. Is 7 days to long to wait?
    The Pool: 18x32 oblong 20,170 gallon IG plaster with integrated spa. Age: unkown, replastered 2015.
    Pump: Pentair Intelliflo VSF 3hp.Filter: Pentair FNS Plus DE filter 48 sqf.Heater: Pentair Mastertemp 400 Cleaner: Pentair Rebel suction side cleaner. Test kit: TF-100 with Speed stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New water, ok to wait 7 days before adding DE to filter?

Welcome to the forum!

As you will not be circulating water through the filter, it is not an issue. I assume your old pump is not being used. Do not circulate through your filter without DE in it.

You will want to maintain your FC level as based on the FC/CYA Chart. You can use a brush to move the water around each day.

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty