Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moving closer to pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

Moving closer to pool build

We finally received approval from our HOA. Now we have to focus on getting a portion of our easement vacated. Since this is getting closer to reality I am wanting feedback on our spa. In the rendering it is raised. Iím guessing to seat height. I am wondering if it would look better lowered. I know it is nice to have extra seating but I am worried about sight lines from the tanning ledge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Moving closer to pool build

Another view of the spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Seems very out of place I see no functional reason to raise the spa accept for a more dramatic spillover effect. What extra seating do you get from this height? Not only that but I think it is dangerous/hazardous.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

4. Back To Top    #4

From an aesthetic standpoint it will stand out -- but restrict views across the pool.

From a practical standpoint we see numerous problems with raised spas. When new they work fine. But you must maintain the plumbing components that keep them full. Plus, you really want to be able to turn off the spillover function as it drives pH rise.

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

5. Back To Top    #5

If you have children I would definitely lower it. You want to be able to relax on the tanning ledge while the kids play and you won't be able to relax if you can't see them.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks. I think we had it that raised to be a feature when looking out the living room window, but it just seems odd when looking from one end to the other.

7. Back To Top    #7

Should it be completely sunken or is there some height that would be acceptable? I like the look of something like this. Is that still to high out of the water?

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm honestly not sure. I'm sure you'll get some great advice though. I think you did well to catch this now before the build.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

9. Back To Top    #9

If you really want a in pool spa you should push it to the back of the tanning shelf so it does not block any sight lines. I would not want to have to clean around the one you just posted. While it is neat looking the practical aspect of cleaning and such would overcome the prettiness for me real quick!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

I agree with Kim. I don't think it would be very relaxing to chill on the tanning ledge and basically be staring at a wall. I think the photo you posted is a nice option.