Polaris UltraFlex 2 problems

Alexr54

Jun 17, 2015
Florida
I have the 8 port ultraflex cleaning system. Has not worked properly since i have owned my house.
Its about 10 years old now.

At first it would only turn on when i did a power cycle by switching all breakers off/on. However it would not cycle zones, it just popped up one zone, then stopped.
The LED light on the panel was always flickering. Also there is water onside the housing.
Am i right to assume no water is supposed to be in there? And this means there is a leak at the bottom seal on the ultraflex 2 housing?

Also now the system does not turn on at all, no LED light and no jets popping up at all. Nothing.
I havent checked power yet. but i am sure nothing changed there. Its just not starting. Can this be due to a bad pressure gauge?

Anyway, i went ahead and just ordered a new motor/sensor kit, O ring kit and pressure gauge kit.
Its not cheap but i figure its time to replace those parts anyway.
I am tired of paying a pool guy $100 a month for cleaning service when i can use that money towards fixing the pre-existing cleaning tools and clean it myself.

Does anyone have experience with these systems?
I got the new motor assembly with sensor, however it does not line up correctly.
When I put it in and twist it to line up with the white line the water is diverted to my waterfall. When it shouldn’t be.
When I put in the old motor it all lines up correctly. They both look identical.. I’m stumped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.