Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build

This is my second pool in San Antonio. Learned my lesson from the first one (Blue Haven). Using Southern Pool and Spa. I know these people from when they were with Premier Pool and Spa (own company now). Free form 88 square feet. Roughly 18 (middle) by 30. 16 inch Stamped concrete cantilever coping and salt cured brown dyed decking. Going with a Hayward Prologic ps-4, Tristar vs, Hayward booster, t-cell 15 (over kill, but they included) and Jandy sftm 25 sand filter. Only water feature is a Rio rock water fall. 3 returns and 1 skimmer. 2 led lights. Is there anything I'm missing. Been a few years since my last build and I think I got what I want/need in this one, but I wanted to be sure. BTW I'm on week 3 and decking and equipment go in tomorrow. Lol

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build

Hi,welcome again, we would love to see pics please
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

3. Back To Top    #3

LOL for sure!!! It sound like you are on the right track!

Like Brent said...........pics please!!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

It sounds like you're all over it! Being a second time pool builder I'd say your build will be flawless. Do you have plans you can share?

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

I tried to post more pics, but it didn't work. When I'm sober I'll work on it.

7. Back To Top    #7

I love everything about that design! There is a good swim lane, the shape is very pretty and there is little wasted space! What will your depths be?

The only thing I would tweak just a tiny bit is this.....see the steps? Look where the bottom steps meets the wall....those two points could be "dirt catchers". Just something to think about. No real big deal but would be easy to smooth out the sharp corners.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

It's 4 feet at shallow and 6 at deep end20180213_134221.jpg
    Pouring the coupling today

9. Back To Top    #9

Good job starting with the 4'!

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm happy with the salt cured decking. The coping gets another stain before they are done.20180217_174025.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My water fall is on back order due to a huge Margaritavill build in Jamaica. At least that is what I was told

- - - Updated - - -

This site is so hard to post to. Just saying.

11. Back To Top    #11

I am sorry to hear you having a hard time posting here. If you would like to PM me and tell me what the is causing you the problem I will see if I can help.

Waterfall on back order?? NO!!!!!! Will you be able to keep going on the build without it?

That coping and decking looks good!

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Love the use of space with your design. There's something for everyone.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

13. Back To Top    #13

Cool design! looking forward to more pics!

14. Back To Top    #14

what is your coping? is it also salt finish, but just colored?

15. Back To Top    #15

Just weird trying to post multiple pics. I use my phone so maybe that's the problem. And yes. I'm on hold for the water fall

- - - Updated - - -

No. The coping is cantilevered and going to be stamped/stained 3 colors to look more like flagstone