Wrong Grout Color

Jul 21, 2017
Frisco,Tx
Hi there everyone I am new to the forum! I am currently building a pool in the North Dallas area. This not how I wanted my first post to be. Well here goes.

We we had our water line tile installed yesterday which was a pretty cold day here. The tile guys assured us it was ok. So let’s now talk about the problem. The grout is the wrong color!! It is suppose to be a tan color. I am not sure what my options are. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Speak with your pool builder. Did you have the grout color documented? Only way to change it is to remove the tile and start over.

Take care

If the tile is 6x6 with straight grout, the builder might be able to cut out the grout and redo it.

Ultimately, it comes down to how important it is to you. If it's got to be how you want it, then it can be done.

Let's see what the builder says.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When we had our pool built we choose a tile that didn’t look the same when they installed it as the sample did. We didn’t like it and our builder understood . They removed it and installed a new tile we actually liked more. They did not give us any problems.

I will try and post pics in the morning. I am not able to get them to post from my phone right now. It is QDI Lagoon Venezia on the waterline and the back columns are from Noble tile NWSP 138 Maluku.
Digging this back up to see if the OP is still active. We are thinking of picking the Noble NWSP 138 Maluku as our tile, but would love to see a full picture of it on a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.