Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baha Shelf

1. Back To Top    #1

Baha Shelf

Hello Everyone,

I have a friend that is starting to layout a new pool and is asking me about a baja shelf. I don't think it's somehting that would be used very often but wanted to see if any of you has one and what you think?

Thanks

Jose
    Working on pool project
    15x30 in ground cement pool
    Var speed 2HP
    Heat pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Baha Shelf

The uses are if you have small children whom will use the pool or if you are interested in sitting in specially designed lounger that sits on the shelf. Depth is important on what it will be used for.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

My young teens use ours all the time to cartwheel or handstand into the pool. It’s defintley a favorite jumping off point during games as well. I thought for sure it would be MY favorite spot, and I was ready to purchase ledge loungers...waiting on those until the girls are older.

4. Back To Top    #4

Our pool has a small (6x10) baja shelf. We have 3 young kids, and they love playing on it, and jumping from it into the pool. We're currently remodeling the pool, and considering extending it a little as well as adding an umbrella sleeve to it. The current small size and location makes it a little awkward for loungers, but we think we might like loungers on it once the kids get older, which is the reason we're considering extending it.
    Currently renovating 1970's era IG 34'x18' rectangular sports pool with 6'x10' baja shelf
    22,000 gal, Triton II TR-60 sand filter, antique Sta-rite pump

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Baja or Sun shelves are great. We love ours and use it for all sorts of things. We added it to our pool shape so it didn't really take from any swim area. It is a great place to lounge and we also have 2 umbrella sleeves in it.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

6. Back To Top    #6

Baha Shelf

We love ours, someone is always in it. Probably our favorite feature.

Kids LOVE it. In laws lounge in it, morning coffee in it, we also use it as a shallow bench. 12’ x 6’.
    17k gal rectangle IG Gunite, 2 bubblers in sun shelf, 1 skimmer, 2 main drains, 3 returns, Jandy filter 340 cartridge, Jandy 2.0 vs, SWG, Quartz finish, In-line pool cleaner.

7. Back To Top    #7

I like them so much I put in two. Different depths and an umbrella holder in each.
    17' x 30' rectangle pool, two 7' x 7' baja decks, 6' x 8' raised spa. Hayward 2HP VSP for features, filter and returns. 2HP single speed for 9 spa jets. 1HP blower for spa bubbles. In-Floor cleaning, Cartridge filter, AquaConnect automation, 400K BTU NG heater. Plaster is Stonescapes mini-pebble in Aqua Blue + abalone shell TF-100 Text from Neighbor -- They're digging your pool!

8. Back To Top    #8

We love ours too. It has an umbrella sleeve. As was mentioned, the little kids love playing on it and it’s nice to throw a plastic lounge chair on, pit up the umbrella, and read a book.

36,000 Gallon Inground (IG) Gunite Pool with Spa and 12" tanning ledge | White Plaster | Cartridge Filter | Hayward Single Speed Pump (x2) | 400k BTU Hayward Heater | Hayward ProLogic Automation | Taylor K2006 Test Kit | In-pool Cleaner | August / September 2016 Build Date | Build Thread

9. Back To Top    #9

I love my large Baja! 12X10 at 12” deep. Kids and adults seem to like it.

Under Construction In-ground Freeform 11K gal Pentair intelliflo Clean&Clear cartridge filter, EasyTouch w/IC40, Baja Mini Pebble interior - Sky Blue, TF-100