Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cover pump draining pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cover pump draining pool?

I think my cover pump is sucking water out of my pool. I have a solid vinyl cover but suspect water is seeping up through it an the pump is draining it off. I added some water yesterday and moved the pump up higher on the cover to see what diff that makes. How do I fix this situation?
    20x49 double roman 3.5' to 8.5 deep', 44,000 gal. SWG, TF-100 test kit with speed stir, concrete walls with vinyl liner, cartridge filter on an IG pool with a 1hp main pump and 1.5hp booster pump. Pool built April 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cover pump draining pool?

Anybody?
    20x49 double roman 3.5' to 8.5 deep', 44,000 gal. SWG, TF-100 test kit with speed stir, concrete walls with vinyl liner, cartridge filter on an IG pool with a 1hp main pump and 1.5hp booster pump. Pool built April 2013

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it a waterbag cover, automatic cover or safety cover?
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

4. Back To Top    #4

This is a cover logix hard cover that keeps water from going into pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

It's probably too loose. Do you have a picture?

The cover should be snug but not super tight.

The automatic cover pump should keep the cover pumped off enough so that the cover just barely touches the water most of the time.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

I put water in it this past weekend and relocated the pump a little and so far it appears the level is the same. I also moved my drain hose to a little bit higher ground as the end of it was down a hill about as low as the bottom of the pool. Now the end it about 2 feet below the normal level of the pool.