Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump timer recommendation?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump timer recommendation?

So my intermatic pump timer is one of their classic mechanical timers (Freeze Sentry Model: PF1103T). It's not working and to replace it, I need to buy the whole thing for ~300. I figured I could buy a new one that is much cheaper. Some are less than $100. Please give me some recommendations on what time to buy. Thanks!
    ~17k gallons / IG vinyl / Hayward S220T sand filter / Century C48K2N143B1 single speed pump (230V) / pool installed 5/2008 / no test kit bought yet / Polaris cleaning bot and Polaris pump for bot / pool filled with city water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump timer recommendation?

Phill,

It looks like you can just buy the 'guts' for about $175... See this link .. https://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-PF...rmatic+pf1103t

So if you want to go cheaper, tells us what you want..

Do you need freeze protection?

I see you have a two speed pump... how do you select the speeds now?

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

I made a mistake about the two speed pump. It's only single speed.

It would be nice to go cheaper on the pump timer. I probably will winterize my pool every winter from here on out so freeze protection won't be needed. Are there any cheaper timers that you or anyone else knows of that are still good quality?
    ~17k gallons / IG vinyl / Hayward S220T sand filter / Century C48K2N143B1 single speed pump (230V) / pool installed 5/2008 / no test kit bought yet / Polaris cleaning bot and Polaris pump for bot / pool filled with city water

4. Back To Top    #4

Phill,

I 'assume' your pool pump is 220 volts.. If so use this one... Intermatic T104P Plastic Enclosure 208-277V DPST Multi Use Timer - Walmart.com

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.