Pentair spa side remote

Jul 9, 2012
Anyone have any idea why I’m going through an is4 every coupe years? Pool is 15 ish years old and I upgraded from an air switch to the is4 5-6 years ago, replaced them every 2 years or so since then. Third one just went bad.

For each one of them one random day one of the buttons will be triggered, jets or lights or heater. Then the easytouch will automatically shut off the spa side remote so they don’t work without enabling the spa side again, but it will shut off the spa side after a few button pushes.

I want to upgrade to a 10 button remote but don’t want to buy one every two years.

You might consider adding ScreenLogic to your EasyTouch and using an old phone or tablet as your remote.

e,

The iS4 is nothing but four cheap momentary switches and an LED.. My 'guess' is that depending on the location at the Spa, water/water vapors get inside and corrode the switches. I think the enclosure is water resistant and not waterproof.

As Marty points out ScreenLogic is a good replacement and makes programming and using your EasyTouch about 10 x easier and much more fun.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You may be right jim, the remotes location is dead center of the water level, I’ll move it and buy a 10 button. Thanks.

Screen logic is in the plans but not ideal for the primary way to use the spa.

You may be right jim, the remotes location is dead center of the water level, I’ll move it and buy a 10 button. Thanks.

E,

The remote needs to be at least 4" above the water level per the iS4 manual.. I think you found the reason they have been going bad... :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

You’ll find that the built in spa remotes all suffer from this issue. Many pool builders don’t install them anymore for this very reason.

I don’t use ScreamLogic but rather the old(er)-school 8-button RF remote. It’s been working fine (knock on wood) for 5 years straight now. I can control the spa with and take it with me spa side. Sure, it’s not built in to the spa, but that’s a plus in my opinion - one less thing to degrade and fall apart from the hot desert sun.

The 10 button spa side remotes have a terrible reputation. Seems they only last for about a year. For the price, they are more expensive than a Screenlogic setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.