Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Equipment Housing/Enclosure or Covering

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Equipment Housing/Enclosure or Covering

Hi all!

We put our pool in last season, but never built an enclosure around it. Thankfully it is almost always in the shade, so we didn't have any sun beating down on it...but we want it covered and protected this Spring to keep it in good shape. Here is a picture of what we have: 20180207_173912.jpg

If you have a similar set up, could you share pictures of what you have done? Something purchased or built. Hubby is a handy engineer, so he can certainly build something! Thanks!!!
    IG Fiberglass 16x37, 3ft6in-6ft Deep, 13,300 Gallons (540 sq ft), Pentair Sand Dollar Filter, Pentair Superflo Variable Speed Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Equipment Housing/Enclosure or Covering

The ideas out there are limitless, and you can see others by doing a search. But we have a similar pad set-up, and here's what I did:

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I've though about building a little cover over the pool and cleaner pumps as they are in the sun most of the day. I wonder how many people have done this?
    28,000 gallon salt water pool
    DE Filter
    Inground plaster construction
    1-1/4 hp pump with 1hp booster pump

4. Back To Top    #4

ny,

Here is a pic of the shed I built over the pool equipment. It covers the pool equipment (first door) and the some storage for yard equipment and pool stuff (second door). I had the advantage of having the extra decking poured for it when the pool was built..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.