New Pool Build in Central Texas

Oct 21, 2017
Hewitt/Tx
Well for months I have been lurking on the site and today our pool adventure began. Our pool builder started our 32 x 16 foot gunite pool this morning. RIght off the bat, they hit rock! So, all day long, the jackhammer banged, but our pool is becoming a reality. We are really excited and looking forward to sharing more as we move through this process. Fingers crossed that things move in a positive direction. I have the details regarding equipment and will share photos from today soon.
103788d2963e79eb696e94e722334d58.jpg
72f277fe9bf333fb36c0a1b5fd81fa97.jpg

Martin,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your new pool build questions... :shark:

Looks similar to my pool...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks for letting us follow your pool build...

Jim R.

Love the pretty picture of the design! Kind of hard to see all of the details on the detail plan but what I can see, such as the benches and steps look great.

What I would like to see better is the light, returns, and skimmer locations so we can make sure they are in the purrfect location.

I would also like to see where the pool is going.

When you list the equipment make sure to add the model numbers so we can make sure they are big enough.

Kim:kim:

Jim,

It does look similar. What kind of coping do you have? Do you have a pebble finish?

Thanks,

Donna

Donna,

The coping is manmade, I assume some kind of cast concrete..

The finish is pebble.. I like the look of the old plain white plaster pools, so the color was the whitest they had, which was a mixture of white and little light blue..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Love the pretty picture of the design! Kind of hard to see all of the details on the detail plan but what I can see, such as the benches and steps look great.

What I would like to see better is the light, returns, and skimmer locations so we can make sure they are in the purrfect location.

I would also like to see where the pool is going.

When you list the equipment make sure to add the model numbers so we can make sure they are big enough.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your willingness to help us out. I don't know if I have all the details, but this is what I know. As a first time pool owners, we need all the help we can get. I know I am freaking out for sure.

We will have two pumps, one for the sheer descent wall. I remember the builder said that one pump would be a Hayward Tri-Star 2, 1.5 horsepower. The other items are listed as a 500 watt light with colored lenses, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, Single Freeze Guard Timer, and 1 in-line chlorinator.

There will be 2 skimmers, 6 returns, 2 anti-vortex main drains. I added a photo of the build so far.

ca89df478313fe3bd0925630b6f3cfb3.jpg

Looks good so far! Make sure to get the model number for the filter. There are different sizes and you want to go as big as you can. This will help you not have to clean it as often.

See if you can look at your plans and tell me where the returns and skimmers are.

The placement of the lights are VERY important! You do not want it facing the house (shining in people's eyes at night while sitting on the patio) nor do you want it right in the "swim lane". Can you point out where they are?

Your pool and house are going NO where with all of that rock!!! :shock: How much longer do they think they will have to work to get it all broken up and out of there?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks good so far! Make sure to get the model number for the filter. There are different sizes and you want to go as big as you can. This will help you not have to clean it as often.

See if you can look at your plans and tell me where the returns and skimmers are.

The placement of the lights are VERY important! You do not want it facing the house (shining in people's eyes at night while sitting on the patio) nor do you want it right in the "swim lane". Can you point out where they are?

Your pool and house are going NO where with all of that rock!!! :shock: How much longer do they think they will have to work to get it all broken up and out of there?

Hi Kim,

They worked again this morning and have removed it all. The light (one only) will be across from the sheer descent wall. We asked about adding another light and they did not feel it was necessary. The pool is really small, 13,000 gallons. I looked at the plans and cannot tell where the returns and skimmers are, but I will ask. There are two areas that protrude out of the perimeter. These may be where the skimmers will be.
b73b2ad0b6acb85929dfcc84efc349da.jpg
. You can see one area in the photo below. It is in front of the patio across from the sheer descent wall. The other is to the right of the sheer descent wall. They are diagonal from each other.

Ill check on the sand filter. The flyer they left says ProSeries, Top-Mount Sand Filter.

Thanks again for your help.

Here is a link to your filter: ProSeries | Filters | In Ground Pool Filters - Hayward Pool Products Note it ranges from 22" to 27" in size. Make sure you are getting the bigger one as that will mean you will have to clean it less.

I bet you are right on the bump outs being the skimmers! Good job! I like where the light is going to be. Have you seen these: 36 lip - White - PL9836 - INYOPools.com SO pretty!!! This is just one example. there are others.

Thank you, Kim. I love the colored light and will definitely ask the pool builder questions about the filter. You have been a jewel.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.