Two of Three Hayward Colorlogic Lights Not Turning On

Lawtyger

Mar 11, 2016
Tampa, Florida
I've got a total of three Hayward Colorlogic lights in my pool - Two in the pool itself and one in the spa. I noticed last night that the two lights in the pool did not come on (via the nightly timer) but the spa light did as normal. Tried the following to troubleshoot:

• Turned my Hayward Ominlogic System on and off;
  • Check the fuses for everything, including the light and they had not tripped;
  • Went ahead and reset the fuses in the breaker box;
  • Tried the sync light function;
  • Opened the six Intermatic (Model PX300) boxes on the wall but those are beyond my skill level (the outside says "if overloaded internal protector will open. Automatic reset may take 15 minutes. To correct fault, remove short or overload. No user serviceable parts inside." Should I be able to see some "internal protector" opened inside that box?;
  • Hayward documentation trouble-shooting says "check input power to transformer and then light. Check ground fault and reset if necessary." Is this referring to inside the Intermatic boxes?

As far as lights go, I've got for Pentair laminars, two Pentair bubblers, and the three Hayward Colorlogic lights I already mentioned. All lights are working normal except for the two Colorlogic in the pool.

Any suggestions and guidance in what to check next would be appreciated.

Hey Lawtyger - I'm going to make an assumption that 1 of the six Intermatic transformers is controlling the two lights for the pool and that it has gone bad. Not sure of your setup but I have junction boxes that make the connection with my lights back to the transformer if you have the same you could check for power at one of those junction boxes. If no power than the transformer is bad, if power than I'd say the lights are bad, just weird that both would go at the same time.

Keep us posted on what you find.

Law,

You're still under Hayward 3yr install warranty. I would call them and place a service call. I had 2 diff lights go out on me too inside my pool; all bad lights. Replaced under warranty. I cannot imagine my costs when this stuff starts breaking out of warranty...let us know what they/you find? good luck

Service came out and reported that both LED lights went bad. They will be replaced.

The more concerning thing was general comments the person made about a lot of LED lights malfunctioning and that is wasn’t limited to Hayward and that Pentair lights were doing it (and I have Pentair bubblers). Not sure if this was just general commentary by the service person something to look forward to. Makes me wonder if the electrical for the lights is done correctly by this company if they are seeing issues with all lightning.

If you do not know or trust the company installing, [not saying they are distrustful] I would first ask to inspect the lights and make sure there are no cracks, flaws or other...

I would then watch how they install the lights to make sure it's done w out banging them...LED lights don't like to be hit...if so, write comments on the warranty completion paperwork of what you observed before you sign it...I'm always nice to the install guys and give them water, drinks or even lunch...watching them also makes them more acctable..this isn't just the pool industry...good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.