Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chem humor

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Chem humor

Customer : are you adding sodium hypobromite?

Pool tech : NaBrO
    Last edited by PoolguyinCT; 02-09-2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: I stole this joke , itís hilarious

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chem humor

Quote Originally Posted by PoolguyinCT View Post
    Customer : are you adding sodium hypobromite?

Pool tech : NaBrO
    Two hydrogen atoms were walking down the street when one stopped and said to the other, “Darn, I lost my electron!” The second hydrogen atom said to the first, “Are you sure??” The first hydrogen atom responded, “Of course I’m sure, I’m positive!”

Ba-dum-bump!!
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Your a very sick individual, I like it!!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Timmy was a chem student,
    but Timmy is no more.
    What Timmy thought was H2O
    was H2SO4.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath

5. Back To Top    #5

My 11 year old will love this!

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

6. Back To Top    #6

How do you know that the barista is a chemistry geek?

Your drink comes with quantum foam.

What chemical is funny without being a joke?

Sulfur Hexafluoride
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

7. Back To Top    #7

It's all I got.

P96pX.jpg
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    It's all I got.

P96pX.jpg
    Winner.. chicken dinner!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    What chemical is funny without being a joke?

Sulfur Hexafluoride
    Don't get it.

At work we use sulfur hexafluoride. One time I floated an aluminum foil boat on a pool of it. That was pretty cool, just seeing it "float" in midair. You could bump it and get it to rock back and forth and if you rocked it too much it would sink. Fun fun.

Another time we stuck some in a balloon and I inhaled it like a helium balloon. It has the opposite effect if helium. My voice was so low on my first breath neither I nor my coworkers could understand what I was saying!
    Hot tub: Indoor Intex 28409E "Six Person" inflatable. 290 gallons. Taylor K-2006 test kit with Taylor 9265 Speedstir and TFT CYA test. Using dichlor/bleach/borax/muriatic acid.

10. Back To Top    #10

It's funny because it makes you talk funny, like Darth Vader, and people laugh.

James Earl Jones once did sulfur hexafluoride. His voice was so low, only elephants and ferretts could hear him.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

11. Back To Top    #11

Somebody here could obviously use a big old dose of liquid Vitamin D seeing as how cabin fever seems to be running rampant............
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

We're ready
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener