Pentair Intelliflo Making increasing amount of noise

Nov 27, 2017
Conroe, Texas
My Intelliflo started getting noisy last fall, and has become so loud the next-door neighbor is complaining. I had a pool service come out to take a look and they said they would not attempt to fix it....they would only replace it. It's four years old. Seems very expensive to replace. Anyone know if I might be able to get it repaired for a fraction of the cost? Thanks

Well, it depends on your definition of "a fraction"! Presumably it's the motor that's making the noise and not the impeller assembly ("wet end"). The wet end and controller contibute significantly to the cost of this pump but the motor isn't cheap, either. Nevertheless, you should be able to get the motor replaced by a pool repair guy for about $500-$600 (about 1/2 what they'd charge you to replace the entire pump).

t,

If it is a bad bearing kind of sound you can try just replacing the bearings.. If you are not a DIY kind of guy, I'd check around for a local motor shop and see if they can do it. I'm pretty sure you would have to take the motor to them...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.