Looks like the pool will be unattended next week for 7 or 8 days. I have finally gotten rid of the previous algae problem and don't want a repeat. Problem is how do I keep from getting algae? I have no tablets/pucks to put in the chlorinator and have no di-chlor. I do happen to have several bags of MPS. The CYA is 40 so I prefer not to add anything that will raise it. When I test the water, all parameters are in acceptable range and the water is clear.
Above when I mentioned the pool being "unattended" that applied to humans. I have no idea what kind of wildlife drinks, etc. from the pool at night. But they do. I don't want to dump a lot of bleach in there cause the grandkids might use the pool. I need some helpful ideas.