Temporary pool crack fix (fiberglass)

May 31, 2014
Wentzville, MO
I have posted here a dozen or more times over the past few years about my fiberglass crack (lol). I kept temporarily sealing it up with marine epoxy. It usually would hold a month or so then pop off. I never had the money to have it properly repaired. As quotes were between 2800-3500 to fix it. I set aside some money to have it done ASAP now, but the guys are saying they can not do FG repairs when the ground is cold.

Anyhow, the pool is destroying my house. Due to constant leaking, it keeps my yard saturated. And now my house is settling more due to it. Obviously that's NOT a good thing. So I am kind of stuck, I can't afford to get it removed (10k quote which doesn't include repairing yard). So I have two options, drain it and cut large holes in the bottom to keep it dry UNTIL I can afford removal. Or "B" try something crazy. I have no idea if this could work, but I envisioned bracing the walls, draining it and dumping a gallon of resin into the crack (its on the floor). I keep thinking if I top off the crack and let the area harden that it MIGHT seal it for now. I found some 2:1 marine mixes on amazon that come in a gallon and I am wondering if that could work...

What do you guys think? :p

EDIT: OK why I never thought on actual repair kits is beyond me. Considering dropping 2700+ on a guy, and my pool being "iffy" as it is. Do kits like these work? Amazon.com : 105-K Fiberglass Boat Repair Kit : Boating Painting Supplies : Sports Outdoors - this one is too small but they have a ton of them.

Do you have a well point near the pool? When my FG pool was installed they put this large round pipe in the ground with a skimmer cover over it. You can open it up and inspect the rock bed under the pool for water, and drop a sump pump down there if necessary to drain it out.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.