Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low flow

1. Back To Top    #1

Low flow

I have a Hayward EC40C90 series pump and filter. After opening my pool this year I have had to bump the pump more frequently. It increases in pressure rapidly and the return flow stops. To resolve this issue, I have rplaced the hoses on the return and outlet side, cleaned the DE FILTER fingers in TSP to remove the oils and cleaned the fingers by soakig them in muriatic acid. Can anyone help. The filter and pump is 3 years old. I'm losing flow in less then an 30 minutes and then I have to bump the pump again.
    11,028 ga. | IG Plaster:Blue Haven Quartz | Jandy 4 Cartridge Pool Filter:CL460;150gpm. | Paramount in-floor system:Pv3. | SmartPure Ozone Generator:SPP70 | Helio-Matic Solar Pool Heater:HM4000c

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Low flow

How much DE are you using?
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

it only takes 15 minutes to check - look behind your impeller on the pump - it may have some leaves and stuff bunched up in there.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm using 4 lbs of DE.
    11,028 ga. | IG Plaster:Blue Haven Quartz | Jandy 4 Cartridge Pool Filter:CL460;150gpm. | Paramount in-floor system:Pv3. | SmartPure Ozone Generator:SPP70 | Helio-Matic Solar Pool Heater:HM4000c