Flow Switch for Goldline SWG

I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up one of these flow switches for $58.95 +$9.29 shipping from poolsonly.com. They say it is on sale for a limited time, so better hurry. Here's the link:

http://www.poolsonly.com/aqua-rite-flow ... d_328.html

Thanks for the post Las Vegas Heat. The link seems to be active still and it would appear this limited time offer is still available, and is actually cheaper than before. I wasn't able to place an online order though as I'm from Canada. I tried calling but only got a message. I"ll see they respond, but perhaps you can advise if the company is recommended. Did they send it, did the flow switch last, etc.? Also the one for sale doesn't have the same model number.. mine is a harwil, q-12ds-c2. Does it matter? Thanks.

Thanks for the post Las Vegas Heat. The link seems to be active still and it would appear this limited time offer is still available, and is actually cheaper than before. I wasn't able to place an online order though as I'm from Canada. I tried calling but only got a message. I"ll see they respond, but perhaps you can advise if the company is recommended. Did they send it, did the flow switch last, etc.? Also the one for sale doesn't have the same model number.. mine is a harwil, q-12ds-c2. Does it matter? Thanks.

Hi. quick update.. that company never returned my call, so I called up Harwil. Due to thier higher price and shipping charges and currency exchange it was coming close to the cost of the local pool company's price. On the suggestion to look around for other suppliers, i found poolservicetechnologies.com . Their online price was better than poolsupply.com and it was set up to take orders from Canada. I placed my order online and I will advise if there any issues arising from this order. Have a great day.

Hoping y'all might be able to help me...when I do the test with the phone cord or old sensor plug with wires twisted, I still get a solid no flow light. I have replaced the cell and the flow sensor. Is there a board part that can be replaced? Any ideas for me?

Hoping y'all might be able to help me...when I do the test with the phone cord or old sensor plug with wires twisted, I still get a solid no flow light. I have replaced the cell and the flow sensor. Is there a board part that can be replaced? Any ideas for me?

Is your flow sensor installed correctly? There are arrows on top that indicate water flow direction.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is your flow sensor installed correctly? There are arrows on top that indicate water flow direction.

perhaps you missed the part about kelleyfam "twisting the wires together" (thus bypassing the actual flow switch and making the flow direction irrelevant) and still seeing the issue.
and, no I didn't just join this forum to point out your blunder. I too have this exact issue. I've also bypassed the switch by twisting the wires together, which actually worked for three or four days until my replacement switch arrived. I replaced my switch, which as it turns out, wasn't broken and I still receive "no flow". I re-installed my bypass cable, which did not fix the issue this time. Suspecting a bad RJ11 jack, I cleaned and contacts (with the power off of course) and still neither the bypass cable nor the replacement switch clear the "no flow". It must be a bad board in the aqua rite itself. Unless someone else has another idea?

Have a Hayward aqua plus
Mess on panel say ( check system water sensor open ) ( temp error )
I changed the sensor probe and shut power to the box panel for 5 mins because Hayward rep said to to reset setting so I did , turned back on and still same messages need help thanks

Have a Hayward aqua plus
Mess on panel say ( check system water sensor open ) ( temp error )
I changed the sensor probe and shut power to the box panel for 5 mins because Hayward rep said to to reset setting so I did , turned back on and still same messages need help thanks

Hey neighbor

I'm a little confused here. Thread is about "Flow switches" but you are saying "water sensor", these are two different things

Flow sensors are for the operation of the salt water chlorine generators while the water sensor sends back the temperature of the water (as sampled inside a pipe). The water sensor is usually mounted in a 3/8" hole on a pipe with a hose clamp holding it in place and looks like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-GLX-...08409704&sr=8-1&keywords=hayward+water+sensor

Also the water sensor would wire into a terminal block in the control equipment while the flow sensor has a telephone (RJ-11) type plug for connection.

Hey neighbor

I'm a little confused here. Thread is about "Flow switches" but you are saying "water sensor", these are two different things

Flow sensors are for the operation of the salt water chlorine generators while the water sensor sends back the temperature of the water (as sampled inside a pipe). The water sensor is usually mounted in a 3/8" hole on a pipe with a hose clamp holding it in place and looks like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-GLX-...08409704&sr=8-1&keywords=hayward+water+sensor

Also the water sensor would wire into a terminal block in the control equipment while the flow sensor has a telephone (RJ-11) type plug for connection.

I am getting a High Salt/Amps reading on my Hayward system. I replaced my T-Cell about a month ago. Haven’t had this error message until a couple of days ago. I just had the salt tested and it’s running at 3300ppm. I talked to a guy at the pool store about the message and he said it sounds like your pool sensor is bad?? Have you or anyone else heard of that? I did switch from pool to spa mode and the error went away for about 5 minutes and then came back with the High Salt/Amps reading. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I am getting a High Salt/Amps reading on my Hayward system. I replaced my T-Cell about a month ago. Haven’t had this error message until a couple of days ago. I just had the salt tested and it’s running at 3300ppm. I talked to a guy at the pool store about the message and he said it sounds like your pool sensor is bad?? Have you or anyone else heard of that? I did switch from pool to spa mode and the error went away for about 5 minutes and then came back with the High Salt/Amps reading. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Verify that your swg system has the correct cell size set.

Verify that your swg system has the correct cell size set.

I have a T-Cell 15. The pool was built with this same salt cell and a Hayward Pro Logic system. I just replaced the salt cell about a month ago and everything was running great until about 5 days ago. I read somewhere that your only suppose to put in about 20 ounces of stabilizer at a time. About 4 days before this happened I dropped 2 pounds into the slimmer basket. Would this possibly cause the board into giving me High Salt/Amp readings? Sorry if these questions seem kinda stupid but I’m pretty stupid at this stuff. Pool is running high on chlorine (7) but everything else is perfect.

I have a T-Cell 15. I read somewhere that your only suppose to put in about 20 ounces of stabilizer at a time. About 4 days before this happened I dropped 2 pounds into the slimmer basket. Would this possibly cause the board into giving me High Salt/Amp readings?

Pool is running high on chlorine (7) but everything else is perfect.

Adding stabilizer should have no effect on your SWCG. I would suggest in the future that you do not add CYA powder that way. There is a good chance that some, even an appreciable amount, has found a low or no flow area of your filter, worst is in DE or Cartridge filter (you do not have a signature telling us what you have). You should add CYA powder by placing it in a tube sock and hanging it in front of a return. It will dissolve slowly and if you squeeze the sock it will dissolve faster.

You say you have high chlorine at 7. That, of course, depends on your CYA. See [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.