Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kitchen Gadgets You Love

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: Kitchen Gadgets You Love

My electric pressure cooker..don't worry about forgetting to lay something out for dinner....from frozen to perfect in 45 minutes..just add everything into the pot and serve it up....much faster than Beaver Clever's mom
    Rob~n~Darlene, West Virginia
    Inground, 67 years old, 22K Gallon
    Stainless Steel with Concrete Bottom
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Superpump; Hayward Natural Gas Heater
    Hydraulic powered Lid

2. Back To Top    #42

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDummiesWV View Post
    My electric pressure cooker..don't worry about forgetting to lay something out for dinner....from frozen to perfect in 45 minutes..just add everything into the pot and serve it up....much faster than Beaver Clever's mom
    Most definitely!!!

I discovered that I liked my Irish corned beef & cabbage dinner just as much from the pressure cooker as o did from the all-day slow braise in the oven. I even corned my own brisket last year and cooked it up in the pressure cooker. It works really well since I am the only one in the house that will eat corned beef (wife & kids despise it generally) so I can buy a little one at the store and easily cook it without impacting anyone else’s meal. Frozen chicken nuggets for them, corned beef dinner with all the fixin’s for me
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #43

Matt I will help you eat some of that yummmm corned beef!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #44

The instant pot was a little over the $20... but seems to be one of those kitchen gadgets you need to own. So much so, we actually took its placement into consideration while designing our kitchen remodel.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

5. Back To Top    #45

I have, so far, avoided the InstaPot craze My neighbor, on the other hand, owns two
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #46

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    I have, so far, avoided the InstaPot craze My neighbor, on the other hand, owns two
    Instapot is just an electric pressure cooker. We've had one for years.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

7. Back To Top    #47

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Instapot is just an electric pressure cooker. We've had one for years.
    I know. We have a Cuisinart electric pressure cooker that does have various cooking options like browning and sautéing. It’s a few years old. The Instant Pot maker just created a fancier looking unit with some catchy marketing buzz and a fun recipe book. Not quite the Juicero of electric cookers but pretty close.

Then there’s this - Instant Pot® Explosion Lawsuit | Instant Pot Lawyer, Attorney
    Matt

8. Back To Top    #48

Re:  Kitchen Gadgets You Love

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Attempted the poaching this morning. Results -

Attachment 72635

Attachment 72636

Attachment 72637

The eggs needed a bit more cook time (or, more water in the base) than the instructions indicated. I was, however, using store bought eggs straight from the fridge so the eggs were cold. I bet if one uses fresh egg that are unrefrigerated, it probably more closely matches their water levels. Sadly, I had no English muffins, Canadian bacon and Hollandaise sauce BUT the eggs came out good.
    Eggcellent work!
    IG 16x36 gunite freeform, 4'-6', 12,500 gallon, 8x9 wet deck, two led bubblers, 36" sheer decent, odd shape spa (don't know how big...or little), 2 Intelliflo VS pumps, blower, Easy Touch 8 screenLogic automation, IC40 SWG, Pentair 400K heater, Rock fire feature, Travertine coping and deck, TF-100 test kit.

9. Back To Top    #49

Rob~n~Darlene, West Virginia
    Inground, 67 years old, 22K Gallon
    Stainless Steel with Concrete Bottom
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Superpump; Hayward Natural Gas Heater
    Hydraulic powered Lid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123