Converting now!

We can provide some suggestions for your vacation but a signature that shows us what type, size, etc of pool and equipment you have is really needed.

Ok thanks I’ll add that signature. I’m having a hard time with this conversion. I’m following the instructions as closely as possible. Last night I topped it off. But today i didn’t add any bleach until it got dark this evening. FC was 0 ppm. Maybe the CDX product is making this harder. But it’s been several months since any of that was put in. Kinda feel like I’m getting no where. I’ve dumped like 50 gallons of bleach in so far into a 13,500 gallon pool.

Okay I’ll do that. It’s been rainy and overcast the last couple of days. Not sure how that impacts my cya reading. May take sample to the store to get something more accurate on that particular reading. I tested it night before last and filled it up to the 30 mark and could still see the black dot barely but it was hazy.

Okay, so things got a little lax over the week because I had work. I took a sample to the pool store and got 35 on CYA before I read your post. I will do my own test again and see what I get. I went ahead and did another overnight FC test by boosting FC last night to 15ppm, and this morning I passed and was still at least 14ppm. Combined chlorine was almost nothing. It took one drop to clear the pink. When I go home tonight, I'll probably be back to zero FC. Is that normal? It seems to go away fast. If I'm still <1ppm of CC, then I can move on right? I'm guessing that still means conversion is complete even though the FC seems to go away quickly.

I'm going on vacation on Friday and will be gone for a full week. What do I need to do while I'm away?

Thanks again everyone for your help. I really want to give this TFP method a try. It's been a little hard getting going initially, but I'm hoping in the long run it will work better. I've spent a lot of $ on liquid chlorine, but hopefully that will slow down a bunch now.

After coming home tonight, I edited this post to add that I did in fact test the FC levels at about 6:30pm. This morning before work, they were at 14ppm. By 6:30pm they were already zero. I hope that's normal, but I'm not sure. It was misty, not very sunny, today, although some sun must have hit the pool. CC were still about nothing as far as I can tell. I went ahead and boosted back up to 15ppm for now. I'm hoping I can quit doing that now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.