Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pool has started! Raleigh NC

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool has started! Raleigh NC

Our pool builder has started the construction!
    I'm also shopping for a heat pump with chiller.. Anybody have good/bad things to say about the Aquacal SQ120R? My builder will plumb/wire it up for me.

Here's some eye candy.
    draft1.jpgKachel_001.jpgKachel_003.jpg
    Pool Size: 35’ x 26’ x 15’ x 8’Perimeter ft. = 104 Surface area = 557sq. ft. -- Trapezoid shape w/tanning ledge and water feature--Depth ~ 3.5’ - 5’ - 4’deep
    Jandy 2.7 Horsepower VSE Stealth pump -- Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter -- Aqua Pure Salt System

2. Back To Top    #2

Pool Size: 35’ x 26’ x 15’ x 8’Perimeter ft. = 104 Surface area = 557sq. ft. -- Trapezoid shape w/tanning ledge and water feature--Depth ~ 3.5’ - 5’ - 4’deep
    Jandy 2.7 Horsepower VSE Stealth pump -- Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter -- Aqua Pure Salt System

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: New Pool has started! Raleigh NC

Looks really pretty! Are those Leyland Cypress or a kind of juniper? How far are the trunks from the pool?
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

What a wonderfully cleaver pool design for your space limitations! I love it... looks almost like a piano. Your little white pool inspector is precious too

Keep the pictures coming, please!

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

5. Back To Top    #5

Very clever use of limited space. For the narrow landscape strip, check out Steeplechase Arborvitae. Much narrower and bushier than Green Giant. I can give you information on where/how to special order if needed.
    15,000 gallon IGP, epoxy surface, waterfall, borates (!), not closed in winter
    SuperPump with 2.4 THP EcoTech variable speed motor, Tagelus TA-60 filter with zeolite media, Liquidator, AquaComfort heat pump, Blue-White flowmeter, Smartpool Wall Climber
    TF-100, LaMotte metal sequestrant test kits
    Sundance Capri hot tub

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDavis View Post
    Very clever use of limited space. For the narrow landscape strip, check out Steeplechase Arborvitae. Much narrower and bushier than Green Giant. I can give you information on where/how to special order if needed.
    Looking at the first pic (link) in post #2, the evergreens are already in place and sure look like Leyland's. Ours are about 30' wide (not right at the base) and 40' tall after 17' years, starting at 2'. They can also blow their internal coat in very windy conditions starting after 10-15 years. During a strong wind storm a few years ago during the summer, our pool was 100% covered. Thankfully it floats and I was home.
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover

7. Back To Top    #7

Purrfect for you yard! So well done! Did you or the PB come up with that design?? LOVE IT!

Cute snoopavisor!

To embed the pics in your posts you can use the img code. That way everyone can see them at a glance.

You "job" right now is to measure the pool. Add about 8" for steel, gunite, and plaster. When will they do the steel?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

For some reason the google photos don’t work inside the img tags here.
    Steel is done!
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/PXbW4YyYGddKtsPS2
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TqtpGEKC3xmpKxAJ2

9. Back To Top    #9

I see some pipe work as well!! Moving right along! When is the gunite?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Love your design! It really does make great use of your space.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi. Nice pool. I live in Wake Forest. Who is your PB? We are planning on a fall build and beginning to vet PB’s.

Thanks!

MOD note: Please PM the builders name. THANKS! Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I see some pipe work as well!! Moving right along! When is the gunite?

Kim
    Scheduled for this Wednesday! Fingers crossed.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Looking at the first pic (link) in post #2, the evergreens are already in place and sure look like Leyland's. Ours are about 30' wide (not right at the base) and 40' tall after 17' years, starting at 2'. They can also blow their internal coat in very windy conditions starting after 10-15 years. During a strong wind storm a few years ago during the summer, our pool was 100% covered. Thankfully it floats and I was home.
    The trees are Spartan Junipers. They should be close to full size now - research says full size is 15-20 ft and 5 ft wide.

Any concerns with their root structure breaking into the pool? Should I have some steel sheets put on the pool side?

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

I wouldn’t be concerned about the roots. However things don’t just stop growing. They will continue to get larger. Sizes listed are typically 10-15 year sizes. At which point most people have moved. But I am certainly glad to hear they aren’t Leyland’s in the narrow area.

15. Back To Top    #15

Congrats! I’m in Raleigh too! I look forward to watching your build!

16k Gallon, IG Vinyl, 16 x 34 x 25 Lagoon. Pentair Intelliflo VS2, ScreenLogic 2, Pentair Sand Filter, Colorlogic LEDs, TF-100, Speedstir, Pentair 920 Prowler (Rosie), and all wine is fine.

16. Back To Top    #16

Shooting the pool today!

17. Back To Top    #17

All done!
    My PB said not to hose the pool at all - any ideas why that might be?

18. Back To Top    #18

No real idea but it may be due to your lower temps. The HOT of TX, AZ, CA, and Fl would mean you REALLY need to water. Up in NC I think it is cool enough you will not really need to at this time of year.

NOW! It is time for YOUR own set of links!!!!

Print these out:
    Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Ask your PB what test kit he will be providing you and let us know so we can fill in any holes.

Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

Woo hoo! Looks great! Waiting for our concrete to be shot as I type. I'd say with low temps watering isn't necessary. Here we are in a heat wave in Brisbane, Australia so I'll be watering frequently.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    No real idea but it may be due to your lower temps. The HOT of TX, AZ, CA, and Fl would mean you REALLY need to water. Up in NC I think it is cool enough you will not really need to at this time of year.

NOW! It is time for YOUR own set of links!!!!

Print these out:
    Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Ask your PB what test kit he will be providing you and let us know so we can fill in any holes.

Kim
    Thanks!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast