New Pool has started! Raleigh NC

foozed

Mar 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Our pool builder has started the construction!
I'm also shopping for a heat pump with chiller.. Anybody have good/bad things to say about the Aquacal SQ120R? My builder will plumb/wire it up for me.

Here's some eye candy.
draft1.jpgKachel_001.jpgKachel_003.jpg

Looks really pretty! Are those Leyland Cypress or a kind of juniper? How far are the trunks from the pool?

Very clever use of limited space. For the narrow landscape strip, check out Steeplechase Arborvitae. Much narrower and bushier than Green Giant. I can give you information on where/how to special order if needed.

Very clever use of limited space. For the narrow landscape strip, check out Steeplechase Arborvitae. Much narrower and bushier than Green Giant. I can give you information on where/how to special order if needed.

Looking at the first pic (link) in post #2, the evergreens are already in place and sure look like Leyland's. Ours are about 30' wide (not right at the base) and 40' tall after 17' years, starting at 2'. They can also blow their internal coat in very windy conditions starting after 10-15 years. During a strong wind storm a few years ago during the summer, our pool was 100% covered. Thankfully it floats and I was home.

Purrfect for you yard! So well done! Did you or the PB come up with that design?? LOVE IT!

Cute snoopavisor!

To embed the pics in your posts you can use the img code. That way everyone can see them at a glance.

You "job" right now is to measure the pool. Add about 8" for steel, gunite, and plaster. When will they do the steel?

Kim:kim:

For some reason the google photos don’t work inside the img tags here.
PXbW4YyYGddKtsPS2

Steel is done!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PXbW4YyYGddKtsPS2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TqtpGEKC3xmpKxAJ2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking at the first pic (link) in post #2, the evergreens are already in place and sure look like Leyland's. Ours are about 30' wide (not right at the base) and 40' tall after 17' years, starting at 2'. They can also blow their internal coat in very windy conditions starting after 10-15 years. During a strong wind storm a few years ago during the summer, our pool was 100% covered. Thankfully it floats and I was home.

The trees are Spartan Junipers. They should be close to full size now - research says full size is 15-20 ft and 5 ft wide.

Any concerns with their root structure breaking into the pool? Should I have some steel sheets put on the pool side?

I wouldn’t be concerned about the roots. However things don’t just stop growing. They will continue to get larger. Sizes listed are typically 10-15 year sizes. At which point most people have moved. But I am certainly glad to hear they aren’t Leyland’s in the narrow area.

No real idea but it may be due to your lower temps. The HOT of TX, AZ, CA, and Fl would mean you REALLY need to water. Up in NC I think it is cool enough you will not really need to at this time of year.

NOW! It is time for YOUR own set of links!!!!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Ask your PB what test kit he will be providing you and let us know so we can fill in any holes.

No real idea but it may be due to your lower temps. The HOT of TX, AZ, CA, and Fl would mean you REALLY need to water. Up in NC I think it is cool enough you will not really need to at this time of year.

NOW! It is time for YOUR own set of links!!!!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Ask your PB what test kit he will be providing you and let us know so we can fill in any holes.

Thanks!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.