2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

There are a million ways to do it.. I’ll post a pic today of what can be done if I come across one - or I’ll lay out the parts on ground.

And remember Monday 6am, new guys ride with me.

(Providing I haven’t been barred from uploading photos, I should be close to the threshold)

Big day in Ontario Chris, warmer weather forecast...It's Go Time!!

Its go to time if you like to play in the mud, Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Chris, some people put their filter up on some kind of platform for this very reason.

Kim:kim:

Not keen on that idea. It’s already tall and tipsy enough. I also need height clearance in shed to lift housing off.

I found them but not locally. I've ordered them.

Lowes and home depot in Canada have next to nothing. As I explained in a much earlier post, pvc is not widely used in Canada like in the US. So selection sucks.

On another note, It was above freezing today for the first time in 2 weeks. I pumped water out from under and around my pool for 4 hours. Weeping system working awesome. Obviously, once the concrete deck is done not nearly as much water will get down there. Plus, because of my grade I will be able to install a gravity drain about 2' lower than the pool water level so tossing a sump pump on the pit will not be something I ever need to do unless I need to empty pool for a fiberglass repair.

Complete muddy mess back there but I am gonna get some work done this weekend.

U guys have home depot up there No? My uncle has one in Toronto area they have a small section or sched 40 they got them here in nj. I'd think since no pressure in pipe u could use any pvc even cpvc water fittings or regular drain fittings I doubt the 15lbs of pressure would matter

U guys have home depot up there No? My uncle has one in Toronto area they have a small section or sched 40 they got them here in nj. I'd think since no pressure in pipe u could use any pvc even cpvc water fittings or regular drain fittings I doubt the 15lbs of pressure would matter

Home depot has squat here. Lowes has the best selection but it's not much of a selection. They have unions, elbows etc. but nothing like street elbows or threaded reducers.

I found what I needed at a irrigation place. Its costing me $30 with shipping for a reducing bushing and threaded street elbow. lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Makes sense, I was shocked when I saw the HD selection in Florida..

Should I mail you stuff or is that a train wreck too?

Its completely regional eh! First time I ever saw pvc being used in residential was on a Bob Vila show. I was like "they use that stuff in the states?" For water supply line we have used copper for the last 40 years at least. Now going to pex in residential because it requires no skill. Commercial is still copper.

For drains we use ABS unless under basement slab where it sometimes transitions over to pvc.

Buddy, you are awesome but I think I'm good. Got what I need coming and if it doesn't fit im gonna stay with Galvanized just to tick you guys off. lol

- - - Updated - - -

No,no, no let me mail it to him! LOL

I can't afford for you to mail anything. lolololol

8d1370e6cd28e4e7b79f101c26ccb783.jpg

I’ve been fighting the urge to post these boys too your thread.... I just lost the fight!

ok so good day today. A high of 10C / 50F and sunny. got 95% of the pool backfilled. had to leave one spot open to finish another process.

Got the pal lights hooked up. They are looking awesome and probably just the right amount of light. This pic is the brightest setting but it is variable as is the output color. There is other modes that can change colors, flash colors etc.

Attachments

• 20180421_180626.jpg
    20180421_180626.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 20180421_192150.jpg
    20180421_192150.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 20180421_205601.jpg
    20180421_205601.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 135
Dude you are going to sleep good tonight!!!! That is a lot of work you got done in the t-shirt and shorts weather up there!

Those lights are purrfect! Just the right amount of light. I don't see any dark areas! Nice job!

Well done sir!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.