Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia [emoji1037]

So what is the PB doing that muscle man did not?????? Hummmmmmmmmmmm I have looked for your filter but cannot find the parts blow up. Can you find and share it? We have to find a way for you to get that top off. I know you do not want to call the PB :( We can/will figure it out. If nothing else post the pics you have of your filter so we can see what is what. I do agree with clearing the air lock.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. Will see what I can find. Costas has the same pump (next model up) so hoping he might have some ideas. I really don’t want to call pb again for it. He’s been very good coming over and clearing it out a couple of times for me but it’s always when I’m not home.

Thanks Kim. Will see what I can find. Costas has the same pump (next model up) so hoping he might have some ideas. I really don’t want to call pb again for it. He’s been very good coming over and clearing it out a couple of times for me but it’s always when I’m not home.

There are two little black knob things on the bottom side of the pump that screw in. I’m wondering if they might be to release the pressure they turn but not wanting to ruin anything if they shouldn’t be touched. Couldn’t find mention of them in the manual. Sigh.

I don’t see anywhere to do that on my sand filter or in the instructions. Costas - help please!

We can try and trick the filter to release some air - I have not actually tried this myself as yet but I reckon it may work...!

Rotate the multiport handle to the waste position (backwash will probably also do it) but keep the handle pressed - This should keep the spider gasket open and while the waste port is selected it should allow air to bleed from the waste port into the inlet port of the filter (providing your waste port is plumbed to just an open pipe etc).

Vacuum in the system can indeed hold the lid on very tight.

Unscrewing the small pressure gauge will also allow air into the system and release the vacuum but try the multi port handle first as it is easier... :)

Unscrewing the union at the input to the filter (or pump outlet etc) will also do it... Depends on what/which is easier for you to unscrew.

I was looking at making a tool that can engage the vertical flutes on the lid so you can use it as a large spanner which would give the user a lot more leverage - Just not had the time to look at this closer.

There are two little black knob things on the bottom side of the pump that screw in. I’m wondering if they might be to release the pressure they turn but not wanting to ruin anything if they shouldn’t be touched. Couldn’t find mention of them in the manual. Sigh.

Those two knobs are just some drain screws each with an o-ring fitted. Yes, you could undo any of those two to release the vacuum but just be aware that some water will leak out of them (water that is in the pump volute and basket area).

We can try and trick the filter to release some air - I have not actually tried this myself as yet but I reckon it may work...!

Rotate the multiport handle to the waste position (backwash will probably also do it) but keep the handle pressed - This should keep the spider gasket open and while the waste port is selected it should allow air to bleed from the waste port into the inlet port of the filter (providing your waste port is plumbed to just an open pipe etc).

Vacuum in the system can indeed hold the lid on very tight.

Unscrewing the small pressure gauge will also allow air into the system and release the vacuum but try the multi port handle first as it is easier... :)

Unscrewing the union at the input to the filter (or pump outlet etc) will also do it... Depends on what/which is easier for you to unscrew.

I was looking at making a tool that can engage the vertical flutes on the lid so you can use it as a large spanner which would give the user a lot more leverage - Just not had the time to look at this closer.

Those two knobs are just some drain screws each with an o-ring fitted. Yes, you could undo any of those two to release the vacuum but just be aware that some water will leak out of them (water that is in the pump volute and basket area).

Thanks! Will try have a play around tomorrow. Think I’d prefer the multi port option over the cover myself with water option [emoji23] Will I need a second person to hold the handle down in the waste position while I try and unscrew? Not sure my 12 year old would be able to do this. Will give it a crack anyway... hopefully just figuratively [emoji6]

Will I need a second person to hold the handle down in the waste position while I try and unscrew?

Nah... No need for a 2nd person. As you rotate the handle (keeping it pressed) you should hear air rush in from the waste port if you hold it over the waste position.

I note on my filter that as I rotate the handle around the various options it will let air into the filter in some positions while the multi port handle is pressed in.

Once the air enters the system, the vacuum is basically no more....!

Note - make sure pump is switched off while performing any of these steps... :)

Also like I said previously - You could also try loosening a union - say, the filter input union (line from pump to filter) and as you start to unscrew this union it will let air at some point and also let some water pour out.

And we have a leak [emoji31] Noticed water in our subfloor on Sunday night. The boys had a big day swimming and I assumed it was excess water making its natural way down. Kept them out of the pool all week. No rain here for many many weeks although it is about to. Tonight it is worse. I’ve had a dig around but can’t pinpoint it. Have a horrible feeling it’s under the paving [emoji22] To my pbs credit he replied to my text at 8.30pm on a Friday and will contact leak detection mob tomorrow. Have shut everything off as instructed and marked water level. Things were going way too well lately. I’d cry but it won’t do much good. I guess we’re lucky we have a subfloor otherwise I’m not sure how long it would have taken me to notice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
where? what subfloor? NOT the subfloor of house................PLEASE not the subfloor of the house!!!!

Yes the subfloor to the house. I actually see it as a good thing as if we didn’t have subfloor I would have had zero idea we had a problem. Subfloor is designed for water to move through and before we had the pool it was often very wet from rain but with the pool in it’s bone dry except for this one section now which is to the right of the pool so indicates it’s in the pipework that is in that area. Not loosing big amounts of water but seeing water in the subfloor was enough to indicate to me that water was coming from somewhere when there had been no rain and no splash out from swimming. I went digging around with a kiddy shovel last night and side of the shell and around was wet in places. Once I shut the equipment off it started to dry out quite quickly. Not looking forward to what the fix might entail. Just happy to have found this now not a year or two down the track.

We have the same slide, it works great with or without water. Once the kids are wet, runnning water down the slide isn’t necessary. We added ours late in the build but was able to plumb it in, but at night when heating the spa the water is diverted so the kids don’t even notice the water missing from the slide.

We have the same slide, it works great with or without water. Once the kids are wet, runnning water down the slide isn’t necessary. We added ours late in the build but was able to plumb it in, but at night when heating the spa the water is diverted so the kids don’t even notice the water missing from the slide.

Isn’t it awesome?! We are so happy with it. Water is a bit cool from the hose so that’s probably the only real negative about not hard plumbing plus the fresh water entering. In summer we will likely just turn the hose on to cool it down then turn it off. When the pool needs topping up I can put it back on.

Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia ??

Sorry to hear about the leak [emoji20] I hope the detection and fix goes smoothly. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Jet. Pb called me today. We had a good chat and he’s fairly certain from the description and photos that it is along the hot water return. This makes so much sense to me in hindsight as I had always thought there was an issue with the boost pump to the heat pump. I had even called the heat pump company and described the pump as extremely noisey and turbulent. He had said it shouldn’t be and was going to come out and look at it. None of the reviews for this boost pump mentioned these issues. Of course it’s likely air in the pipes from the leak. We were actually going to replace the boost pump as we weren’t happy with its performance.

Had we not seen the water in the subfloor and being in the middle of such dry weather I’m really not sure how long it would have taken to twig. Lost 8mm of water in about 24 hours so not a ridiculous amount but it is more than expected. Until I stopped the boys swimming I had assumed any water loss was from their splash out. When I first noticed the water on Sunday night I had assumed that’s where it had come down from hence halting all pool use to see what happened. It has never taken much to top up. 10-15 mins a week with the hose.

Water tested fine. I had my fc higher than usual last weekend at 9 to accomodate high bather load. Currently sitting at 6.5 so fine for today. Will check again tomorrow and dose if needed. Giving Jeff a work out to get the water moving a little. Had rain this day for the first time in months.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.