Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia [emoji1037]

It will be, but I'll likely never see her again to find out. I didn't get to chat to her about TFP but I'd say like most around here they take their little sample to the pool shop and get treat as advised. It's actually really annoying me lately seeing photos of my friends' terrible water! I think I'm becoming a TFP snob and I don't even have a pool to put water in yet.

Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia ??

Rebar and plumbing rough in complete. Engineer came around after it was finished and approved the work. The only thing bugging me is the light at the skimmer box end is off to the side. I can understand why and can live with this more than moving the light at the other end to match, as it is positioned perfectly between the returns. Otherwise happy with it all. Asked what every pipe was so I at least know for my own future reference.

Edited to add: looking from a different angle the lights are in fact lined up with each other.

b42585a9ac0be4fb80b328b197a20130.jpg
ccd28847cee5230c580d65fb2d0c4dc7.jpg
f86c7a1fcd2c3e847763d56f745086ba.jpg

I didn't get to watch too much unfortunately as I was at the dentist getting a crown done [emoji31] The guys were so lovely. The main man especially. He was kiwi and just so sweet. I brought them back a heap of cold Gatorade which they really appreciated. I had forgotten to buy some yesterday for today. They were very appreciative in the 36*C heat.

Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia ??

Just been following this thread

Thanks Costas! I l know how much I love seeing everyone else's progress pics, plus it's a good record for me to refer back to if need be.

What do you have planned and when? It is a good feeling to actually be getting on with it. It seemed like such a long process to actually get to the point of digging.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia ??

What do you have planned and when? It is a good feeling to actually be getting on with it. It seemed like such a long process to actually get to the point of digging.

We are going with a fibreglass pool so our install time will be shorter than yours (hopefully :D).

Due to the shape & size of our backyard we have decided to opt for a basic rectangular layout. Selected the Corbree 8m Rainwise Fiberglass Pools | Pools Adelaide

Pool equipment will be installed in my existing shed which is currently undergoing major upgrades to accommodate the pool equipment etc. Hopefully this will be finished sometime in March so we are scheduling for a late March to mid April start.

I'll definitely be starting a build thread once we sign up on the dotted line.

PB is popping around this Friday to have some documents signed off so they can submit council approval.

One of the more difficult variables I have not settled on as yet is the overall colour - tending towards the lighter Blue/Aqua colours but without choosing something way too light..

PB is popping around this Friday to have some documents signed off so they can submit council approval.

Friday! That's exciting! You will probably be swimming before us. Will keep an eye out for your thread. You've been around here for a while? I remember seeing your name several months ago when I first stared browsing. Did you have an above ground previously?

I would have loved a fibreglass pool. It probably stalled our process a bit because that was the first avenue we explored. Unfortunately due to our access etc none of the companies we had out were even able to quote on fibreglass. They all had swimming by Christmas guarantees at the time we inquired. Sigh. We had no choice but to find concrete pool companies after that. The company we went with was actually the first I called. They were the last to come out and quote though. By the time the contract was signed it was Dec 5th. It then had to go to the engineer and compliance. We were promised early Feb dig and they started the 1st so can't complain. It was such a long, hot wait though. You've probably seen how tight the access is from my photos, so I guess we are lucky we are able to achieve it at all.

Is your pool the 8 x 4.6m? That's an excellent size. Colour is a tough, personal choice. I prefer light, but in the blues I like the greeny blues. I would look at the colours in the area where it will be and see which goes the best.

All the best for Friday. Keep me posted. I don't think there's any other Australian builds at the moment, so really looking forward to following yours.

Wow! We are running neck and neck now. I think you are going to beat us to the finish. The weather here has mostly forcasted rain for next 10 days. There is a break here and there but not much.

Rebar and plumbing rough in complete. Engineer came around after it was finished and approved the work. The only thing bugging me is the light at the skimmer box end is off to the side. I can understand why and can live with this more than moving the light at the other end to match, as it is positioned perfectly between the returns. Otherwise happy with it all. Asked what every pipe was so I at least know for my own future reference.

Edited to add: looking from a different angle the lights are in fact lined up with each other.

b42585a9ac0be4fb80b328b197a20130.jpg
ccd28847cee5230c580d65fb2d0c4dc7.jpg
f86c7a1fcd2c3e847763d56f745086ba.jpg

Wow! We are running neck and neck now.

We are! Once our concrete is shot we have 28 days before any other work can be done though. By this stage our summer will be well and truly over. You on the other hand will have a pool finished and ready to go at the start of summer... that's the smart way of doing it!

We are! Once our concrete is shot we have 28 days before any other work can be done though. By this stage our summer will be well and truly over. You on the other hand will have a pool finished and ready to go at the start of summer... that's the smart way of doing it!

We didn't do anything smart as contractors work on their own timelines and it just worked out like this lol.

Is it 28 days between concrete and plaster?

Is it 28 days between concrete and plaster?

Yes, at a minimum apparently. We have to water the shell religiously for at least the first 2 weeks of that. Our pool builder is also doing our paving, fencing, plumbing and we're using his sub contractor electrician, so there's all that work to do too before the mini pebble can be applied. Looking at an end of April finish. It's worked out well for you so far with your contractors. We were at the mercy of the pb too and unfortunately due to Christmas/workload we had to wait 2 months after signing contract to get to the dig. Oh well. We'll both have beautiful pools at the end!

Friday! That's exciting! You will probably be swimming before us. Will keep an eye out for your thread. You've been around here for a while? I remember seeing your name several months ago when I first stared browsing. Did you have an above ground previously?

I only joined the forum late last year after stumbling on to it by accident trying to research pool builds etc. I am really glad I found the forum as it has been a great resource in regards to maintaining a pool.

I'm a pool noob - so no previous experience except for swimming in other people's pools in the past...:)

It was such a long, hot wait though. You've probably seen how tight the access is from my photos, so I guess we are lucky we are able to achieve it at all.

At least now it looks like you are on the 'downhill' stretch - As long as everything goes to plan, time tends to become a non issue once it is all completed. You will be able to sit back, relax and enjoy your pool once summer pops around again. We had a few days just under 40C last week - couldn't but help thinking about our non-existent pool all last week...:cool:

Is your pool the 8 x 4.6m? That's an excellent size. Colour is a tough, personal choice. I prefer light, but in the blues I like the greeny blues. I would look at the colours in the area where it will be and see which goes the best.

All the best for Friday. Keep me posted. I don't think there's any other Australian builds at the moment, so really looking forward to following yours.

Yes - We have opted for the 8.3 x 4.6m as this suits our available area. I'm with you on the colour ie. tending towards light blue/green as well. PB has provided some photos but as you know they don't necessarily reflect what the eye actually sees on a nice sunny day. I will chat further with the PB on colour choice to see if he can sway me one way or another with the 3 or 4 colour options I have narrowed it down to for these particular FG pools.

I only joined the forum late last year after stumbling on to it by accident trying to research pool builds etc.

Ah, you must have joined right before me and for similar reasons.

Your pool is going to be the perfect size! Our neighbours have an 8 x 4 and entertain a lot. It comfortably fits a heap of people. We don't have the space for similar, so had to go with 6 x 3.2. It's the most we can fit in the area without it looking like we've jammed it in.

Our colour was kind of easy. Our pool builder has two mini pebbles as standard. We instantly loved the salt and pepper so it was a no brainer and at least one thing we didn't feel the need to upgrade. I think I would have struggled with choosing a colour for fibreglass as there's so many options. I think you'll be happy with whatever you choose, but making these decisions is daunting. I don't know how many times I've pulled my paving and water line tile samples out to reassess. I still love them, but who knows when it actually goes in. I'm not a very creative person and have trouble visualising the end result.

We are in the middle of a heat wave here in Brisbane atm. I have thought several times this week that a pool would be nice! The humidity as well as the temperatures have been stupidly high. Our concrete is going in tomorrow, which I'm not thrilled about. Won't be home to see it unfortunately as I'll be at work. Apparently it's pretty cool to watch. I bought a tap timer today and several different sprinklers. Going to rig it up for Thursday and Friday to go off each hour or so for 10 mins ish just to keep it damp as I'll be at work. Will play around with it tomorrow night to work out the best set up. Have currently set it up in the yard for tomorrow for the dogs. One of them really feels the heat, so thought they may as well benefit lol.

All the best for contract signing and colour choosing!

riley, Make sure to leave your phone number somewhere the concrete people will HAVE to see it with a note to call you with any questions, ideas, concerns, etc. That way you will have input if anything comes up. Some times they just have good ideas to do this instead of that.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.