Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia [emoji1037]

I would really like to, but we likely won't be here when they finish. Hubby might be home in time so I'll get him to check if he is. I really hope they're not here still when I get back at 6pm! We have measured what we can already and all seems as it should be. No, no fixing it ourselves despite hubby saying we could use a crowbar! I think he means he!

Ta da! They went 6 hours over the estimate, so 38 hours all up. I had estimated 4-6 hours over earlier in the week, so really happy with how it turned out. Rebar and plumbing rough in tomorrow and Monday all going well. They're also coming back to clean up our front yard and driveway the best they can and sending a labourer around to fix our rainwater tank pad etc. Contract stated that we were responsible for cleaning up and fixing any damage so really pleased with this. There will still be a lot for us to do, but even a little help to reduce our work load is appreciated.
245be9d3874bb85a12ed893687350d48.jpg
5b9e11f5c559c761017b97a754798150.jpg

Thanks, we have some here all ready to go if they don't put them on. The earthmoving company sent me some photos they took this afternoon to show just how tight it was at the end. The bob cat driver had to reverse down our steep side ramp. Such skill involved.

Just ordered my speedstir from amazon. Will arrive early March. Will also order my test kit from clear choice labs soon. They're also located in Brisbane, so should arrive quickly. Was thinking of asking my neighbour if I can take a sample of their pool water so I can practice testing. We're good friends, but she will probably still find it strange lol.

Thanks for your support through our build Kim.
bcbb7d9e41d48c384d73f3514175a022.jpeg
edad50357959e7ebc0df90483f3966d1.jpeg
47c6eaca3d38f215ed745aff5d0ae444.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mad skills for sure! :shock: Get that man a :cheers: LOL on them sharing the pics.......they should be proud!

Good to know you already have the caps just in case you need them.

I am having fun with this build! Thanks for letting me come along for the ride!

Good job getting the test stuff moving. You can and should test your "fill" water so you know what you need to from the get go. Don't bother testing the CYA as it has to be added. Everything else you should test.

I am going to send you a link to help you learn what all of the letters mean!

TFPC for Beginners

Once you get your gunite I will send you your own set of links for new pool owners!

Kim:kim:

Small Pool Build - Brisbane, Australia ??

Gravel and formwork done. Rebar partially complete. All the rebar ends had caps on them before they left! They will finish on Monday, along with the plumbing rough in. Concrete is booked for Wednesday, but we have some hot weather predicted so not sure if they will need to delay. It's fine with us if they need to.

Yes, beers were appreciated. Hubby had a one with them before they left and they had a nice chat, which turned out to be very productive. One of them suggested a location for our equipment we didn't even think of as a possibility. We needed to decide asap. We're really happy with this location. It's tucked away near all our other loud stuff - ducted air con unit, water heat pump etc.

So much dust around. They did do a bit of clean up today but honestly it's still terrible in the front yard. I guess it will be for a while! Anything is better than nothing though. Huge week, but very happy with things so far.
375e89b8c329c82825db9fe507cdf8d0.jpg

I am LOVING your PB's crew so far!!

Kim:kim:

We are loving them too. They just seem to be getting on with it and are always happy to chat or answer questions. As I've said, I do think there will be issues of some degree or another due to the nature of building pools, but hoping for a good end result and a solid, well build pool.

Interesting story... at work on Thursday I was chatting to a customer who had a pool installed in Dec. Turned out the company she use was one that we had to quote but didn't go with. She was mortified our pool would take so long to build. When I explained about having to water the concrete for weeks etc she said they only had to water theirs for a weekend, then they installed the mini stone on the Monday [emoji15] This company had the best reviews out of them all, but I couldn't get them to give me a personalised quote. They kept sending generic quotes which annoyed me. Happy to water our shell for as long as needed. We want a good job, not a quick one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.