Kids' flippers and vinyl liner, problem?

G

My wife bought some flippers and masks for the grand kids to use in the pool. However, the flippers are a sort of hard material, not like the flimsy ones I remember when I was a kid. The youngest really likes them, but he uses them to stand on the bottom as he is not quite tall enough to stand with his head above the water (maybe next year).

My question is, do these pose a problem to the liner? I would hate for them to make a hole in the bottom from standing on them.

The flippers are made by Speedo and my wife actually went to look for different ones at the local sporting goods mega store, but all were pretty much the same.

Anyone with experience with these in a vinyl above ground pool, please help!

My kids have used them (and in the way you describe :wink: ) I admit I was nervous too. So far nothing bad has happened. I worry too because they do the same thing with the boat oar, the paddle end, pushing on the bottom with it. Anytime anything is in the pool with damage potential I get a bit paranoid. So far no issues....

Thanks for the info! I'll probably inspect these closer for any roughness and let them use them when I can be in the pool with them at first. The youngest will be extremely excited. He is doing well swimming, but gets tired and it will be good if he can stand without being on the steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.