Volleyball Anchors & poles

kln

Aug 3, 2009
I'm new here; so glad I found this site. We're deep into an owner builder pool construction. Our current dilema is volleyball anchors. Weknew we wanted a vb set. The way our pool lays-out, the anchors will need to set in the pool on a play shelf on one side & in the pool on a bench seat on the other side. We have already gunnited. The gunnite guys left a hole sufficient in size to install an anchor. What no one told us is that we needed to have bonding to the gunnite if we wanted to use bronze anchors, which we would prefer. I've checked with Interfab and they have a plastic anchor, but the cap only comes in black, which we don't like. We haven't decked yet. My husband was thinking we could run a grounding wire from the anchor over the gunnite/under the pebbletec, under the coping & onto the deck grid for grounding, but we're not sure if that would work? So, we have a lot of questions............
* Any suggestions on the grounding issue?
* Any suggestions where we might shop for volleyball anchors/sets?
* Pros & cons on pvc vs bronze anchors?
* How 'bout umbrella anchors? Does anyone make both vb sets & umbrella sets?
Thank you!

We have PVC anchors set in the deck, white with white caps. After 3 years, everything seems to be holding up fine. The volleyball set was pretty standard, from the RiverbendSandler retail shop and came with stainless poles.

The nets can come in a variety of widths, so you might be able have the anchors in the deck with a wider net.

When we take the net/poles down at the end of the summer, the white caps go back on and aren't that visible in an aggregate deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.