New Build Urban Arkansas Pool

It is really taking shape now!!

Do you have kids or pets that might be back there? If so you might want to look into getting some steel toppers you can find a Lowes to keep accidents from happening.

Kim:kim:

The wife and I are a NO KID ZONE :pirat: Instead of kids we are adopting a pool.

The only people in the yard are the people working on the pools and me when I go take pics...

Wow! That's quicker than expected! It's really starting to take shape. Our rebar was delivered yesterday. Today is day 3 of digging. Tiny equipment and shale means that it's really hard going.

We lucked out on the digging as they only hit dirt and clay very little rock. He has a little bit of rebar to do tomorrow but not much. There is some rain in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday. We get gunite when we get it LOL...

We lucked out on the digging as they only hit dirt and clay very little rock.

That's excellent! Sure makes a difference to the dig time. Our first day was relatively fast but second day they hit much harder shale. Your attitude is the same as mine... it will be done when it's done. No point getting stressed over things you can't control. In a year's time it won't matter how long they took to dig the pool or gunite etc... well that is unless I'm still waiting!!!

The rebar was completed yesterday. The rain started yesterday but no collapse of the side walls. Today is inspection of the bonding. If approved they start gunnite on Thursday. I can't say enough good things about every member of this crew of pool builders.

O8CiszpHEC8-r_GCY8WtDPJ4DYDG_A9qyFuxXumAU83VD9m8Xq3eyku7tTsD7wewlS3f_vIegs1P5w-VycTCNJcHKtkZTDSj0_6JY3KSQuVK8yP2Rux2DCBvjNVM4jQMSGy6Lxf_6bGtiY1axaUzAr2AuT6alo8rNw1mY7i0WXHgB3eP5cRv1IiBcv2d3VgOFOVkWHmgOnA8H4e9ZygxJrBozR_pstnN1dvZUlW7ZtlqZl6cdeDjnhP5QQP6kqN7nYoY5jil_HvdKQoqeRDomXK8gqQFCLc4Kg5cD3B24wnRrawqO3Usgh-hdmqY0BYT5l0kgMSAeoc2ocLNG_Lq5bNXI32JsQ45B9SgggrWW-X3PgRghERZCzVUitc2jH5DjUgTE1cwDLrV3J0gMcE0D4_ZQJolOpSQT8TZR9w9XipMwBK6tYBdoB4MtOOTjA4ZdnJan9Y_Rqp2iIqUH78SyCMmjBjmO5YWHaSATSeHJIDNj6ppTkd5gddKC_iMGjJemuzlV9TBmNwE9eyG5AD5iCQ4AikNbvesYp-3n27OpTk7m6fdBv1ojj6yoQZ4rg2NZ1KIdjJu20IS765SYgWY7G7BYnt1CFFfTE0OLs8e=w1121-h679-no

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well you know that means!!! It is time for your own set of links!!!!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Also ask your PB what test kit he will provide and let us know so we can fill in any holes.

Thank you I've been reading and re-reading. Also downloaded the app. I am fortunate that I have a friend who is a chemical engineer and also took care of pools for many years. Exchanging BBQ's for help.

yummmmmmmmmmmm BBQ for water testing??? I am on my way!!!!

Just know you will need to be able to test your water daily for a while as the plaster cures. The PH will be the big one. After that you will need to test every other or 3 days depending on the season. That why we say to have your own test kit.

That shape really looks great!!! That is going to be a fun place to be!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.