FC holding, still have algae

Just an update, my builder inspected the pool and agreed to drain it during winter to replace the broken tiles. At the same time they will remove the hard white drip marks (see my other thread) which they couldn't explain, and also chlorine wash the grout to remove the unexplained staining that I cannot get rid of.

I suppose this is an acceptable outcome... Don't know, at least if I start again with clean white grout and get the chemistry right straight away I stand a half decent chance of no further issues.

my builder inspected the pool and agreed to drain it during winter to replace the broken tiles. At the same time they will remove the hard white drip marks (see my other thread) which they couldn't explain, and also chlorine wash the grout to remove the unexplained staining that I cannot get rid of.
That is really great news. Not every contractor steps-up and does that. Outstanding.

Just wanted to close the loop on this thread.

Pool was emptied and broken tiles replaced. I took the opportunity to hunt around for the source of algae, and found a fair amount behind the solar provision covers which I have now left off, and a small amount inside the drain which wasn't properly cleaned the first time.

I gave the pool a good scrub prior to filling, and it's now been algae free for a couple of months. Having said that we're just coming out of winter, so it's had no use and FC had been at 14ppm with the chlorinator at the lowest setting.

Thanks for all the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.