Autopilot Soft Touch Cooling Fan Not Running

Vspool

Jul 28, 2009
Poolsean said:
Hi Jeff,

Your signature shows you have an Aquarite unit. I'm pretty sure AutoPilot will not be able to assist with a burnt circuit board for an Aquarite unit.
Regarding the other posts with AutoPilot board issues, one was a blown surge suppressor, and another with a fried lizard under the board, which could have caused the damage.

Any damage within the warranty period must be directed to the factory (manufacturer). Since I cannot provide a schematic, there's nothing else I can do. However, I can find out if there are other options for getting the circuit board repaired, aside from having to buy a new or rebuilt board.

Hi Sean,

I am new to the forum and I have a Autopilot Soft touch system(ST-220) with SC-60 super cell. I felt a lot heat around the system so I opened it and found out the cooling fan is not running and one of the relay has some burning on it. Do you know where can I buy the cooling fan?

Thanks in advance.

Ray

Hello Ray,

The cooling fan is a 12Volt DC fan that should be available from your local electronics supplier (such as Radio Shack). I need to verify the amp draw though, otherwise it will overload the fuse.
Keep in mind that the control box will run hot. Ways to keep it cool (-er). Maintain salinity at 3500 ppm. Increase cyanuric acid to 80 ppm. And run at a lower Cell Power (and higher output %).

When I get the amp rating, I'll let you know.
Otherwise, you can also contact our customer service for the specific fan.

Poolsean said:
Hello Ray,

The cooling fan is a 12Volt DC fan that should be available from your local electronics supplier (such as Radio Shack). I need to verify the amp draw though, otherwise it will overload the fuse.
Keep in mind that the control box will run hot. Ways to keep it cool (-er). Maintain salinity at 3500 ppm. Increase cyanuric acid to 80 ppm. And run at a lower Cell Power (and higher output %).

When I get the amp rating, I'll let you know.
Otherwise, you can also contact our customer service for the specific fan.

Sean,

Thank you much for your reply. I took out the cooling fan and has follwing information: 12VDC and 0.7watts. I can not find any 12vdc, 0.7watts fan, however Radio Shack has a 12vdc, 1.4watts fan and same dimension. Is the SWG system has enough ampage for the Radio Shack fan?

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.