Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot Soft Touch Cooling Fan Not Running

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot Soft Touch Cooling Fan Not Running

Quote Originally Posted by Poolsean
    Hi Jeff,

Your signature shows you have an Aquarite unit. I'm pretty sure AutoPilot will not be able to assist with a burnt circuit board for an Aquarite unit.
    Regarding the other posts with AutoPilot board issues, one was a blown surge suppressor, and another with a fried lizard under the board, which could have caused the damage.

Any damage within the warranty period must be directed to the factory (manufacturer). Since I cannot provide a schematic, there's nothing else I can do. However, I can find out if there are other options for getting the circuit board repaired, aside from having to buy a new or rebuilt board.

Hi Sean,

I am new to the forum and I have a Autopilot Soft touch system(ST-220) with SC-60 super cell. I felt a lot heat around the system so I opened it and found out the cooling fan is not running and one of the relay has some burning on it. Do you know where can I buy the cooling fan?

Thanks in advance.

Ray

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot Soft Touch Cooling Fan Not Running

Hello Ray,

The cooling fan is a 12Volt DC fan that should be available from your local electronics supplier (such as Radio Shack). I need to verify the amp draw though, otherwise it will overload the fuse.
    Keep in mind that the control box will run hot. Ways to keep it cool (-er). Maintain salinity at 3500 ppm. Increase cyanuric acid to 80 ppm. And run at a lower Cell Power (and higher output %).

When I get the amp rating, I'll let you know.
    Otherwise, you can also contact our customer service for the specific fan.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Poolsean
    Hello Ray,

The cooling fan is a 12Volt DC fan that should be available from your local electronics supplier (such as Radio Shack). I need to verify the amp draw though, otherwise it will overload the fuse.
    Keep in mind that the control box will run hot. Ways to keep it cool (-er). Maintain salinity at 3500 ppm. Increase cyanuric acid to 80 ppm. And run at a lower Cell Power (and higher output %).

When I get the amp rating, I'll let you know.
    Otherwise, you can also contact our customer service for the specific fan.
    Sean,

Thank you much for your reply. I took out the cooling fan and has follwing information: 12VDC and 0.7watts. I can not find any 12vdc, 0.7watts fan, however Radio Shack has a 12vdc, 1.4watts fan and same dimension. Is the SWG system has enough ampage for the Radio Shack fan?

Thanks again.

4. Back To Top    #4

Good to go.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com