New pump will only turn on for a split second

g6t6o

Jan 21, 2018
CA
Purchased a new Hayward Super pump setup and wired it the same as the old pump and it will only turn on for a split second and then just stays off. It's setup for 230v, I've confirmed that I'm getting 120V on each line going to the pump when it turns on and that it's grounded.

What am I missing here? Other than my missing elbow that I will add once I get the pump working ha

image1.jpgimage2.jpg

g,

Welcome to TFP... a great place for finding answers to all your pool equipment questions... :shark:

Measuring 120 volts on each wire (when connected to the pump) is not the same as having 240 volts between them. While it may not be your issue, I'd want to know that I had 240 volts at the pump. If one of two connections has 120 volts it will travel through the pump wiring and show up on the other thermal as 120 volts, if you are just measuring between the terminals and ground. You need to measure between L1 and L2 and ensure you have 240..

I don't see anything obviously wrong..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

The black and white lines suggest 120 volt supply. Disconnect from pump and check voltage line to line.

Also, the white wire has a nick in the insulation. That needs to be fixed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.