Polaris 360 or Poolvergneugen Pressure Cleaner?

poolneophyte

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
I had my pool builder provide the plumbing for a pressure side cleaner and am considering either the Polaris 360 or the Poolvergneugen Pressure Cleaner. I have a variable speed pump and will be able to adjust the flow to match the requirements of the cleaner. I want a cleaner that does not require a dedicated booster pump.

I am leaning towards the Poolvergneugen because it has less moving parts than the Polaris 360 and has received some good reviews on these boards.

Any pro's, con's or opinions on these cleaners will be appreciated.

Hi,

For what it's worth, I would steer clear of the Polaris 360. I owned one and it was a nightmare. I don't know anything about the Poolvergneugen, but I would be extremely surprised if its performance (and more importantly customer Support) could be worse than the Polaris 360. I wrote up a little mini review on a separate thread which I can send the link for if you are interested.

BTW, I now have a Blue Diamond Automatic Pool Cleaner, and could not be happier with its performance.

-Kevin

Kevin,

I found your other thread and see why you would not recommend the Polaris 360. I have read that the Poolvergneugen cleaners are made by a US company and have very good technical support. I have called them twice to ask questions and immediately spoke with someone who was very helpful. I have not had such luck contacting Polaris who is owned by Zodiac Pool Products. Every time I have called Jandy (another Zodiac company), I have waited on hold at least 30-60 minutes before I could speak with a tech support person.

I think you helped make my decision. Hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.