CYA question

Jun 9, 2009
Huntsville, AL
Ok I have converted my sister to the BBB method, also got her to get a TF100 test kit. She was having trouble keeping the FC (1.5) level up and CC was also running high(1.5). Pool was starting to turn a little green. We were trying to go to shock level based on the reading from the Store, "CYA level of 100". Well the pool was getting better like really quick :party: . Well to make a long story short, I was over there this weekend and did the CYA check with the TF100 kit. Well the CYA actually measured <20 I could fill the tube completely to the top and still see the black dot very clearly. So I take it the Store measurement is wayyyyyyyyyy off.
Told her to get conditioner to bring it up to 25-30 and she should be ok.

Anyone else run into this????

YBnorman...have a pool

virtually everyone here has a stupid pool store testing story. is there are reason you're kind of shooting under 30-50? I would definitely want at least 30 in there, maybe shoot for 50 and add 2/3 of whatever that would be.

I'm having good luck with mine at 25 is the only reason. I think her pool is the same size as mine (15x30) but hers has a deeper end. Couln't really tell but I think it is 6 or 7 ft. The store we use sells 4LB containers so I figured hers would be around 25 CYA only buying the 4LB. bucket, plus the shock level would be a tad bit lower. She almost had a cow when we were going to shock when we thought her CYA was 100 with bleach :rant: That is the only reason, will post what her results are after the addition. Told her to use the sock method and put it in front of the return.

YBnormal...have a pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.