New to Photo Posting

Grumpy611

Bronze Supporter
Aug 27, 2013
North Babylon NY
I am new to photo posting from photo gallery. I have 2 questions:

1). When I upload photos(.jpg) from my computer, the photos in my photo gallery are rotated left and I am unable to rotate them clockwise?
Am I doing something wrong? I posted some photos earlier and I feel bad for those viewers/members having to look at sideway photos, especially
when they are trying to help me.

2). It seems there is no way to delete photos from my photo gallery?

Thank you!

1. Can you tell us what you are using to upload the images (computer, laptop, iPhone, Android, etc)? Perhaps what software?
2. When you look in your Photo Galley, are they sideways from the upload, or only when you try to include in a post?
3. From my computer when I go to Photo Galley/My Profile and see all of my photos, each one shows-up with a box to delete if I want. I believe you can click on the photo and look for the small "pencil" (edit) and it will give you the option to delete as well.

1). Windows 10 laptop. Photos taken with IPhone 6 and emailed/saved on laptop in the "Pictures" folder.
2). They are sideways in my Photo Gallery after the upload. They are fine on my laptop.
3). My photos in the Photo Gallery/My Profile does not have a box to delete, nor is there a small "pencil" to edit.

Okay, I found where the photos can be deleted. You click and open the photo and down below by the photo name, there is a pencil.
Also, some of the sideways photos now appear to be "upright"-don't how they changed by itself. The rest of my photos still appear sideways-maybe over time they will also "self-correct". Weird!:confused:

Sorry for the delay, I’m playing referee tonight as my daughters argue and fight each other over EVERYTHING.:brickwall::brickwall:

A bit of background,
TFP’s software was designed before mobile phones were the rage. Unfortunately the gallery has a glitch in it that rotates photos when they are uploaded from a mobile device. I’ve found however if you crop the photo ever so slightly before uploading it works fine however. Don’t ask me why that is, but it seems to work. I’ve been pushing for the developer to fix this issue however with the software being an old version they’re not really jumping on top of this. :(

I’ve fixed your photos and posts so hopefully they all show correct now.

Hey Leebo, no need to apologize-I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong on my end. Lol- I have two daughters myself and I thank the lord each day that they are both adults now and out of the house:D. I do not miss the constant battles! I will keep the cropping idea in mind going forward.

Texas: you are too funny!

Thanks again all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.