I've got to move to a house with no pool :(

Aug 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I knew the house I'm in now was temporary and we sure have enjoyed having a pool. We are getting ready to move to another state. In fact, we are going to try (have been trying) to buy a house with a pool but haven't had luck. So, we are going to rent for a couple of months in a house without a pool while we keep looking. I've used BBB the whole time I've had this pool. I guess my question is......the next couple of weeks are going to be nuts for me with packing and going to see family, etc. before my move on the 17th. I want to use the skimmer sticks that were left in the shed. The instructions say to put 1 stick/5000 gallons. Of course this is keeping it at their recommended 1-3 ppm of Cl. How many sticks would you used in say, a 22K gallon pool to keep the FC between 5-9? Do I just stick them in there all at one time and when they all dissolve add the same amount again?

Thanks,
Pam

Using trichlor sticks isn't really all that different from using bleach, except that you need to worry about CYA going too high. Just as with bleach, you need to experiment with how frequently to add sticks to get the FC level that you are aiming for. The time savings will be minimal. Also, you shouldn't put trichlor in the skimmer unless the pump is running 24x7.

Good luck with your move, but more importantly, the search :wink: :mrgreen:

How many ounces is each stick? You can use the "Effects of adding Chemicals" section of the pool calculator to determine how many to add - if it's 1 per 5,000 on the label, then it sounds like 4-8 sticks. Use a floater, or put them in the skimmer but leave the pump running 24/7 if you do.

Thanks! I think I'm just going to keep buying bleach. I think it would be cheaper than running the pump 24/7. I run it about 10 hours. When I get ready to leave from my mom's, I'm sure my neighbor will come add it and swim.

I'm really going to miss the pool. You guys here have been GREAT!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.