I think the storm fried my Intelliflo VF ?!?!?!?!?

vinnie

Mar 12, 2009
We had an unreal storm here in the Baltimore area earlier today. I'm sure lightning hit my house directly. Little by little i'm finding things around the house that are fried. Earlier I noticed my pool equipment was off. The 2 pole 20 breaker that is in my pool sub panel was stuck between on and off. After playing with it for a bit I got it to reset. Two things are running off that breaker, my 3 month old Intellifo VF and my 3 month old Pool Pilot Digital. The pool pilot came right back on, but the Intelliflo is dead. Nothing at all is coming up on the digital readout. I thought there may have been a chance that the breaker was blown so I went ahead and replaced the breaker. It still is doing the same thing.

Question # 1 - Is there anything else I should try?

Question #2 - If it is fried, how do I get it fixed and what's it going to cost me?

Thanks for your help.

Vince

Well, you could put it through your home owners insurance but what is your deductable going to be versus the cost of either repair or getting a new one?
Someone who knows about them should be along soon to offer advice .....

They say hindsite is always 20/20. I can't help you with the VF, but would recommend a whole house surge protector installed at your breaker panel.

As it turns out, Intermatic, the company that makes those old school mechanical pool timers also makes a nice whole house surge suppressor.

When I installed my ProLogic system that was something I installed at the same time. You can order them online for about $80 and install yourself if you are familiar with electrical work.

For those wondering, using this with a surge strip in the house does provide 2 levels of protection.

Lee

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.