Mr. Clean Magic Eraser & Vinyl Liner

Jun 24, 2007
scottsdale,az
We used a mr. clean magic eraser to clean the vinyl above the water line a couple of years ago. I'm afraid it removed any kind of UV protection that was on there...
The area that gets the most sun above the water line is darker. I understand that a liner can become lighter because of chlorination ...but that's on the case- The shaded areas are no different above & below the water line.

Could/Should I wax the area that's being scorched by the sun? It's almost like the liner is getting a tan or sun rot above the water line where the sun directly hits it.

I highly recommend not to use the magic eraser, it's basically a micro abrasive. It WILL damage older liners, it can take the print right off... on younger liners I'm afraid it might be doing damage we can't see. According to my liner fabricator the layer that protects the vinyl is basically a clear version of the ink used to pigment the vinyl.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.