Pebble under the liner

FlyboyTR

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2009
Mobile, AL
We finished the pool installation this morning. All is well with the exception of a small pebble or ? that feels very sharp. I feel that at some point it will cause a leak. :rant: We installed an Armor Shield pad under the liner. It feels like it is on top. Draining the pool is not an option.

Somewhere in all my pool reading I read/heard about someone having a similar problem. They took a broom handle, cut one end square and then slightly rounded the edges. If I remember correctly, he positioned it on top of the pebble and then gently tapped (hammered) the other end of the stick. The writer said this was better than just trying to push the pebble down away from the liner.

Is this an option? Input or suggestions :?:

Well, its prolly inbetween the the liner and the shield. So hammering will only crush it, and or drive it through the liner.

I would get an underwater patch kit, and cut it out before it surprises you as a leak.. but then there's "aint broke don't fix it" too.

Story I heard was a carpet installer that had a lump, wanted a smoke to think about it, realised his smokes where not in his pocket, so he stomped flat the pack of cigarettes he rolled carpet over. Done with his job he goes to his truck and see's his pack of smokes on the dashboard, just as the home owner comes out and asks if he's seen her pet bird.

Sorry to hear about that pebble. I have one and it seems pretty sharp somewhere near the edge of the pool. I don't mess with it and the kids have yet to notice it.

Hopefully, you'll be updating with pics of your pool soon?

I did some manipulation today and it doesn't seem as bad as it was. I"m still thinking about the broom stick method. Yes, I have pictures and will be posting an update this week. Thanks for reminding me!

Travis :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.