Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebble under the liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Pebble under the liner

We finished the pool installation this morning. All is well with the exception of a small pebble or ? that feels very sharp. I feel that at some point it will cause a leak. We installed an Armor Shield pad under the liner. It feels like it is on top. Draining the pool is not an option.

Somewhere in all my pool reading I read/heard about someone having a similar problem. They took a broom handle, cut one end square and then slightly rounded the edges. If I remember correctly, he positioned it on top of the pebble and then gently tapped (hammered) the other end of the stick. The writer said this was better than just trying to push the pebble down away from the liner.

Is this an option? Input or suggestions
    Travis & Kathy
    16x32 AGP (extra return outlet installed), Pentair Dynamo Pump (1.5HP, 60+ GPM), Sta-Rite Crystal Flow Sand Filter (300 lb), Clear Diamond Solar Blanket & Reel, Pool-Skim
    Aqua Trol SWG (also controlling the pump), TF Test Kit. (Everything self installed, up and running on 08/02/09)
    Enjoying the TFP site and appreciating the infinite knowledge of it's members... and I'm slowly learning how to maintain our new pool the BBB way!
    Four Winds Spa (love the tub...hate the filtration system). Best water quality in four years using the BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pebble under the liner

Well, its prolly inbetween the the liner and the shield. So hammering will only crush it, and or drive it through the liner.

I would get an underwater patch kit, and cut it out before it surprises you as a leak.. but then there's "aint broke don't fix it" too.

Story I heard was a carpet installer that had a lump, wanted a smoke to think about it, realised his smokes where not in his pocket, so he stomped flat the pack of cigarettes he rolled carpet over. Done with his job he goes to his truck and see's his pack of smokes on the dashboard, just as the home owner comes out and asks if he's seen her pet bird.

3. Back To Top    #3

Good thing I'm not drinking anything in front of my laptop !
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry to hear about that pebble. I have one and it seems pretty sharp somewhere near the edge of the pool. I don't mess with it and the kids have yet to notice it.

Hopefully, you'll be updating with pics of your pool soon?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I did some manipulation today and it doesn't seem as bad as it was. I"m still thinking about the broom stick method. Yes, I have pictures and will be posting an update this week. Thanks for reminding me!

Travis
    Travis & Kathy
    16x32 AGP (extra return outlet installed), Pentair Dynamo Pump (1.5HP, 60+ GPM), Sta-Rite Crystal Flow Sand Filter (300 lb), Clear Diamond Solar Blanket & Reel, Pool-Skim
    Aqua Trol SWG (also controlling the pump), TF Test Kit. (Everything self installed, up and running on 08/02/09)
    Enjoying the TFP site and appreciating the infinite knowledge of it's members... and I'm slowly learning how to maintain our new pool the BBB way!
    Four Winds Spa (love the tub...hate the filtration system). Best water quality in four years using the BBB method