Draining pool

Jbek77

Jan 3, 2018
Spring/ texas
I just received my Taylor K2006. I’m draining about 3 feet of my pool. Everything was going great. The water line just dipped below the skimmers. Now my pump won’t hold it’s prime. I’m stuck. Can’t drain pool any further. Help!!!!

Without a main drain, you can't drain any lower than the skimmer because it's your only source of water for the pump. You either have to fill it back up and go in segments, or better yet, get your hands on a sump pump and pump the water out. In some cases, you might try a garden hose and try to get a siphon going. It's slow, but it's free. :)

J,

Do you not have a valve that shuts off the skimmer? If you have a valve that says "Main Drain", you almost certainly will have a valve that will control the water coming from your skimmer(s)..

If you can post a pic of your equipment pad, showing the valves in front of the main pump, we can help you locate it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes I have 2 skimmer valves. And one main drain valve. I shut off both skimmer valves and turn the pump on. The pump would not hold it’s prime. I spoke with my pool guy and he told me some air still gets in through the skimmers. So I plugged the skimmers holes and it worked.

imagejpeg

Yes I have 2 skimmer valves. And one main drain valve. I shut off both skimmer valves and turn the pump on. The pump would not hold it’s prime. I spoke with my pool guy and he told me some air still gets in through the skimmers. So I plugged the skimmers holes and it worked.

J,

Makes more sense to me now...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.