Check your plumber's work!

Yeah, I wanted to do flooring but couldn’t justify the cost. I’ll have to settle for the concrete.

I can relate...the reason I have pictures of racedeck sitting around is because when I renoed the home studio, which in its former life was a mechanic's home "extra" 7-car garage, I fancied it'd be a fun flooring...until I realized I could have a nice -15 F mini split system installed and a bay window for less ;) The studio floor got floating vinyl instead and we get to be climate controlled and enjoy natural light...and of course, can heat the pool in winter with the leftover cash ;)

But someday I'd love to trick out the actual attached garage, should I ever find that I have more money than sense...

If it holds pressure until his tail lights are out of view then the job was a success...In my eyes the failure of the fitting was a direct result of the homeowner's failure to maintain his water chemistry:)

I know YOU’RE better than that and you know that challenging my chemistry skills will only results in a propeller-hat smack-down :geek:

- - - Updated - - -

Galvanized fittings & Brass on old school wet light niches will put the kids through college.. somebody went bananas in the 80s & 90s around here with the dissimilar fittings..

Yes. As my brother commented when I told him about it -

Engineered obsolescence keeps the everyone in business...

:rant:

Down here you know you're in trouble when the craft warranty includes a friendly wave from the window of a ute with a cheery "She'll be right, mate."

I’m sorry, a tribble ate my universal translator, can you translate that into the proper Queen’s English :scratch:

Haha, follow that tribble around for a day or two, rinse the translator in the pool, then put it in a bag of uncooked rice. She'll be right, mate.

Ute = Pickup Truck (pronounced with the strongest tin tank accent one can muster).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One of my neighbor friends had his hot water heaters replaced. They are in his attic. To bring it up to code they added expansion tanks. He calls me earlier this year and says he has a leak. I asked how long ago it was replaced and it wasn’t too long ago. I told him to go look for iron pipes and sure enough, plumber tied in the tanks with iron connected to copper. Amazing, it was a licensed plumber who did this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.