Air Canister vs Blower

Dec 29, 2017
Queen Creek, AZ
First time poster here in AZ. I've searched and can't find much of anything on this. I'm down to deciding this last item on my pool build. The PB includes an "air canister" with their spa package instead of a blower. Can anybody tell me what an air canister actually is and whether it is worth it to upgrade to a blower for $350?

Oh, while I'm at it, the PB says their Spectrum 360 LED color bulbs can be controlled with the Pentair EasyTouch4 panel. I was under the impression that only the Intellibrite 5G color LED's could be controlled properly from the Pentair panel. Can anybody offer any insight on that? Thanks!

Sorry but our posts from last night were lost. The forum was going through an upgrade during that time!

Let us know what the PB means by air canister. I personally doubt you need a blower. But you do not state the size of your spa. Typically if over 6 jets you need more powerful equipment.

Can you add a signature? See Pool School - Getting Started

Thank for your consideration on the forum issue.

Take care.

No worries on the forum update. I believe the spa will be 7'x7' with 5 jets. The basic understanding we got last night regarding the lights is that the ET will control them for on/off no problem, but it's still a somewhat open question as to whether all of the themes and colors will work correctly. The PB assures me it will work correctly. I'll get to work on the signature when I finally have a contract nailed down.

I just heard back from the PB. They confirmed what I suspected. The "air canister" nothing more than a mixing valve that uses the venturi effect to draw air into the jets. In my family's last spa, we had a blower supplying air to pinhole outlets around the perimeter of the floor. This created a very nice bubbling effect. So, with 5 jets, is the "air canister" going to be sufficient?

It really depends on the nozzles recessed in the jets, piping & distance from the Venturi. Well placed & designed Venturis are effective, quiet, efficient & satisfactory.

Thanks, that is good news. I think we will probably skip the blower and save $4xx plus any maintenance headaches down the road. Anything specific I should look out for to ensure the function of the Venturi as they lay out the system?

I wish there was a cheat sheet to send you.

It’s really a per pool detail, so let him do his thing.

Remember you qualified & trusted him to build a structure/outbuilding which will hold x thousands of gallons of water near your home in conjunction with electricity, a furnace and chemicals. - and when it’s done your family is going to jump in this building.

For what it’s worth blower can always be retrofit, but an experienced installer won’t need such.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.