Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yup, this must be Georgia!

1. Back To Top    #1

Yup, this must be Georgia!

Today's temp was a balmy 70 degrees. All of what, 4 days ago it was in the 20s??

THIS is why we don't own winter coats and know how to drive on snow/ice y'all.

Crazy.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Yup, this must be Georgia!

We are waking up to HIGHER as the low than we had as the high last week BUT I love having my FL weather back!!!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

My son is in school in Dahlonega and is very surprised at the wild swings in temperature.
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

Not just GA. It was 60-something yesterday and 20-something last night. They even used the s-word in the forecast but nothing showed up. Yet ...
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

66 today 12 tomorrow night at our house. MD.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Record highs this week...........hard freeze warning tonight
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I also read that we were supposed to get higher than normal snow totals. So far this year? 1 snowfall with about 2" and one with a dusting. Bad for someone like me that grew up in Buffalo! I want snow! I didn't even bother to bring the snowblower up from the shed this year I have not needed it the past 2 years.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, Deep heat floor returns, 2 skimmers, 2 returns, JXI400N Gas Heater, CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 WATERCOLORS LED, iAqualink with PDA, Shelf Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos

8. Back To Top    #8

2 days ago we woke up to mid 20's, today it is going to be in the low 60's just in time for the game. Go Jags
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

9. Back To Top    #9

We had a hard freeze three nights in a row------pond and outside water bowls had ice on them and ice where we ran the outside spigots. Today? It is supposed to get up to 70!!

Brent we are going to watch the game at our local ale house! Should be a good game to watch! How exciting for the team! JAGS!!

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

We went from the 60s to 9 and back to 70 again in a few days. I guess that's better than going to 9 and staying there.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach