Auqa Logic Controller

Aug 1, 2009
I have the Aqua Logoc PS-8 control with a T-15 Cell. The cell is out (says No Power to Cell) and I am getting a new one on Monday.

My filter pump (Whisper-Flo with A.O. Smith 2hp Motor) just squeals. I have taken the pump up to my supply house and they plugged it in direct and it starts up no problem. When hooked up to my control unit It acts as if it is in a bind and squeals.

What do I need?

Welcome to TFP!!

You don't sound like you're in the states :wink:

While I'm far from an expert on electronics, I can't help but wonder if there is something going on with your PS8 wiring to the pump, seeing as the pump works fine at the supply house yet squeals at home - it may also have something to do with having a 'load' - at the supply house, I'd imagine that the pump was just plugged in without having to draw water :idea:

I hope that this will inspire someone more knowledgeable than I to post an answer :) Please let us know how things work out with the new cell :goodjob:

TBarrow said:
I have the Aqua Logoc PS-8 control with a T-15 Cell. The cell is out (says No Power to Cell) and I am getting a new one on Monday.

My filter pump (Whisper-Flo with A.O. Smith 2hp Motor) just squeals. I have taken the pump up to my supply house and they plugged it in direct and it starts up no problem. When hooked up to my control unit It acts as if it is in a bind and squeals.

What do I need?

Its not the cell, that error is a board specific error. Should read "no power to give to cell" lol

There is an issue with the Aqua Logics, if your underwarrany in the 1st year call it in, its a free fix. If not the couplerate is a bad solder joint on the main board. Its a well known issue that really hasn't been addressed by goldline.

Here's a link with a fix it your self solution.
http://www.nocellpower.com/

OK the cell appears to be fixed now. The pump motor however will still not start. I am going to change out the relay in the controller on Monday. It is a 19.00 piece for me to try. The reason I am leaning that way is it is giving different voltage reading from all the other relays in the case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.