Anyone ever built a screened "porch" around your ABG pool?

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
The wife and I got to talking about this last night and thought it would be a great away to keep away the debris, the bugs etc.

A vacation house we stayed in when we went to FL had an inground pool on the on the house and the area was screened in all around made swimming nice (ie no bugs etc).

Anyone done this for their ABG installed in the middle of their yard (ie not on the back of you house)?

Greg

I know that our pools with child fences around them stay amazingly clean. Most depris from wind is pushed across the deck into the pools, with a child fence it doesn't get in and this is just a 5 foot high screen mounted 3 feet from the water edge. If the fence doesn't touch/seal to the deck they are useless in this manner.

But this won't help with bugs. =D

And... your pool would need to be in the ground.

I thought about that Idea also.

For me the cost is just way too much. There is no reason you could not screen in an above ground pool it will just be taller than one for an in-ground pool. If you already have a deck that goes around the entire pool it would make it even easier but if you plan to have a screen roof you will want to make it removable for the winter or some way for the debris not to collect on the top.

mcoonan said:
We used this for 2 years, 1 yr with an Intex Easyset and 1 yr on a Intex Metalframe:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t.../search-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1
Worked great until a 4" X 12' branch decided to hit the roof and took out 2 of the poles and a large section of the nylon but it prob. save the pool from any damage.
Mike

Interesting idea and I can see where that would work on the smaller Intex pools. We have the 18' Metal Frame version.

The Sundome thing might work too.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.