Check Cell Goldline AuquRite

kenmccall

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 24, 2009
Macon Ga
I will be away for a few weeks and the check cell light should be coming on in the time frame I will be away. My question is will the cell still produce chlorine while this light is on? If not is there some way I can keep it from coming on while I am away? Thanks.

Just check the cell and clean if needed that way it shouldnt be a problem. The light is a dummy light that is basicaly on a timer. It will still produce chlorine as long as the cell is clean.

From the owners manual ( http://www.haywardnet.com/products/Manuals/pdfs/Manual239.pdf ) page 8 -
"To maintain maximum performance, it is recommended that you open and visually inspect
the cell every 3 months or after cleaning your filter. The Aqua Rite® will remind
you to do this by flashing the "Inspect Cell" LED after approximately 500 hours of
operation. After you inspect the cell (and clean, if necessary) press the small "diagnostic"
button next to the display for 3 seconds to stop the flashing "Inspect Cell" LED and
start the timer for the next 500 hours."

Just to clarify the good advice from above :wink: The unit will still produce if any of the lights are simply 'blinking' - it only shuts down when one of the red or yellow lights is constantly on.

Please do as was said and inspect the cell, and clean if necessary, and don't worry about it while you're off relaxing :cool: :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.