Shock after a Pool Party?

May 22, 2009
Columbia, SC
So we had a pool party for my 9 y/o son yesterday. I can almost guarantee many of the boys decided not to get out to go pee. I ran the filter overnight but can not decide whether to shock the pool or not. Thoughts?
Yesterday's numbers:
PH 7.8
FC 7.0
CC 0.0
TC 7.0
TA 90
CH 80
CYA 70
Salt 3810

like zea3 says, if it makes you feel better, go for it. or if you want to let the chlorine already in there do its job and save money, then don't. you are below your target, so it wouldn't hurt to bump it up a couple ppm today since the sun will be on the water soon if it's not yet. and probably more swimmers too?

heh, were those first numbers before or after the pool party? trying to trick us? :p
I don't know how you usually do your pool care, but you're 1ppm away from minimum and the day just started. I would bump it up some myself.

With a SWG, your current FC levels are just fine.

For a major pool party you want to bring the FC level up higher than normal before the party. Then test the water shortly after the party and if it is bellow the minimum you want to bring it up well above normal. From what you have said about your numbers, you are just fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.